4 | Sophie

For the last couple days I was feeling this weird feeling. It wasn't like I was coming down with a cold or something, it was completely different. This feeling was indescribable and really new. It was like I was drawn to something almost, an invisible string pulling me somewhere. I mostly only felt it at school and a couple days ago when I was in the library, it was weirdly strong then. I had went to the library the day after on the Wednesday but I couldn't feel it then, it was very peculiar.

I had asked Taylor about it and he wasn't entirely sure what if was either. He did mention something about it might being my soulmate. That thought excited me, I wanted to find my soulmate more than anything so I was hoping that it might be him.

Today was Thursday and like any normal day Taylor had picked me in the morning. Him being eighteen and all could drive like a pro and I was extremely jealous, I couldn't wait to have my own license.

My parents didn't mind Taylor being my best friend because he was a pretty charming guy and knew exactly how to have my strict parents wrapped around his fingers. Sometimes I thought they loved him more than me but I didn't mind at all, Taylor was literally my only freedom at the moment. I could go to his house whenever I wanted and that was pretty fun. I also didn't mind how Lucy his fifteen year old sister always asked me for advice, she acted like she was my little sister and I was her role model which I liked. It was nice to have someone look up to you.

"I'm so sorry Sophie but I have this study group I need to go to at lunch time." Taylor said as we walked down the the crowded hallway to my locker. I looked at him in disbelief.

"What study group, I'v never heard of this school having a study group?" I asked him, in my whole high school life I had never heard of this so called 'study group'.

"It's new and since I'm rubbish at maths I thought I might join and I would have put your name down but your a fricken genius at everything," he said looking forward and not looking me in the eye. It was strange. He seemed off about something but I wasn't one to pry.

"I know how rubbish you are at maths so it's fine, I guess I'll just have to have lunch by myself," I sighed as we reached my locker. I opened it and took out the essential books I needed for morning classes.

"Thank you so much Sophie," he said happily and then pulled me into one of his infamous bear hugs. This time however a weird feeling set in my stomach like my gut telling this wasn't right. I immediately pulled away from him and shot him a smile instead.

"It's fine and we should head to class now the bell is about to go," I said in attempt to leave and concentrate on something else. Taylor didn't seem affected by it though as he laughed.

"I'm best friends with a goody two shoes," he said with a smile earning a playful glare from me. Was is so bad wanting to have good grades and not wanting to be late to class?

~

The first four periods went by swiftly and before I knew it lunch time had arrived. After lunch I had two last periods before the end of the day and I was more than glad. Taylor said he would be back for fifth period and I smiled at him wishing him luck for his study group.

I didn't mind being alone, along as I had a good book with me I would be fine. Also I quite enjoyed silence, it calmed me.

The lunch hall was crowded and like usual no one really payed me any attention. I wasn't an outcast or a major 'nerd' but to most people I was invisible. I was the quite one. The girl who never really spoke to anyone but one guy and an over all goody two shoes, that's what they thought. This school was full of judgmental people though like my mother, they didn't know that you couldn't just judge someone by the way they looked.