seven; one more troubled soul

     My phone buzzes from the spot next to me on the sofa and I look down at the message on the screen.

                        pick me up at 5

Finally, she's done with whatever she had to do today. To be honest, I've been so bored all day and I'm so happy she wants to hang out because I don't want to hang out with my friends today. They'd probably make some stupid ass comment about Brianna and how I'm so in love and all this shit I don't feel like hearing nor dealing with right now. I grab my phone and tap at the screen and then put it down again.

                        i would love to but idk where u live princess

My phone buzzes again with her reply. My eyebrows knit together at her message.

                        ok nevermind. i'll meet u at school bc i don't want to explain where i live rn

I quickly ask her if everything is okay because she seems pissed about something and she didn't even comment about the princess thing and she always does.

                        my dad came home this morning and his wife is pissing me off

I stare at my phone for a solid minute because I have no idea how to comfort people. She obviously upset and I don't know if I should ask her to explain or just leave it. So it looks like I've started off as a really shitty boyfriend.

                        oh... i'll be there at 5 and we can talk if u want or not...

I just shook my head at my reply. And the prize for the worst boyfriend ever goes to Michael Clifford for his shitty attempt at comforting his girlfriend with "we can talk if u want or not..."!

                        i'll see u then (:

I let out a sigh of relief. Maybe it's not that bad. I quickly grab the remote and shut off the TV. It's already 4:30 and I don't want to be late. I run upstairs and manage put on a pair of jeans, a clean shirt and then slide my shoes on in a few minutes. I make sure I put on deodorant, spray some sort of cologne on myself and fix my hair before I grab my wallet, phone, keys and my jean jacket and run back down the stairs.

I leave my apartment and lock the door behind me. It usually takes me twenty minutes to walk to school from my house, so I should make it there at exactly five.

When I get there, she's sitting on the stairs with her headphones in her ears. I smile and walk over to her, stopping right in front of her.

She looks up and gestures for me to sit, so I do.

She pulls her ear buds out of her ears and pauses her music. She looks at me and smiles. "Hey."

"Hi," I say.

"Do you have a cigarette?"

I look at her, very confused because I know she doesn't smoke. "Why?"

"Because I've had a very shitty day," she tells me, putting her phone away in her jacket pocket.

"Have you ever smoked before?"

She shakes her head.

"So why start now?"