sixteen; i gotta numb the pain

   "She's here."

I turn to look at Harry. "She's here," he repeats, referring to Brianna.

"Alright," I say, shrugging trying to sound uninterested and not too eager as I walk into the kitchen.

Harry follows me. "You should talk to her," he suggests. "Like you told her you would."

By this time, all of my friends are determined to get us back together after a week of harassing me to talk to her. However, I don't want to talk to her just yet because I don't want to seem too eager.

I grab a soda and open it. I leave the kitchen and Harry follows me back to my spot on the couch. He sits next to Calum and tells him something I can't hear over the noise, but from the look Calum gives me, I have a feeling it had to do with me not talking to Brianna.

I roll my eyes and shake head at him. I take a sip from my can of soda because I decided earlier I wasn't drinking tonight. "I'll talk to her later," I tell them both.

Zayn sits down next to me. "Brianna is in the kitchen with her blonde friend," he tells me.

Zayn and I are friends again after I apologized for fighting him. He wasn't as pissed about it as I thought he was going to be. His face is almost all healed up, only a few traces of cuts left now. His black eye is almost gone, like mine. His mother, the nurse that she is, made sure the both of us did everything possible for them to heal as quickly as possible. It was something about not wanting us to look like we're in a gang or something.

"So I've heard," I mutter. "I must've just missed her."

"Are you going to talk to her?" He asks.

"Later."

"You better make sure she doesn't leave," he tells me, taking a sip of his beer.

"She won't," I say, focusing on the conversation Calum and Louis are having about Christmas plans.

×××

"Brianna is in the kitchen and she's drinking all of your liquor," Avery tells me as she sits down in Lou's lap, almost two hours after Brianna first arrived.

"What?"

"She's drinking it straight from the bottle, too," she says, sounding very amused by the situation. "People are complaining about it, so you should probably handle it."

"She doesn't drink like that," I tell her. "Are you sure it was her?"

She rolls her eyes. "Yes, I'm sure it's her.

I groan. "Did you ask her why?"

She shakes her head. "Not my problem," she says, sipping from her red cup.

Louis glares at her. "Really, Avery?"

"What?" She ask, playing innocent.

He rolls his eyes and starts to move her, so he can stand up. I shake my head, stopping him.

"I'll get her," I assure him.

I stand up and make my way to the kitchen. Brianna is sitting at the counter, holding a bottle of liquor. I groan and walk over to her.

"Brianna, what are you doing?" I ask her, at standing right next to her.

She turns and looks at me. "I've been drinking about you."

I furrow my eyebrows. "You mean thinking?"

"No," she slurs, raising the bottle of liquor to me, "I mean every time I think of you, I take a shot."