twenty two; obviously, she's outta my league

  "So, did he like the tickets?" Luke asks.

I nod happily. "He did." I smile, remembering the events of last night.

Yesterday, I gave Mikey his birthday/Christmas gift. I got him tickets to see one of his favorite bands and he was so excited. He must've called me the best girlfriend ever about a hundred times and then apologized for "being an asshole and breaking us up" (his words, not mine) because then he might have never been able to share this moment with me. The whole thing was really cute and he even promised to buy me a t-shirt at the concert.

"He was really happy," I tell Luke.

He smiles, taking another slice from the pizza box. Luke, Connor, Niall and I were having our weekly movie night. It's technically just supposed to be just Luke and me, but they always seem to pop up, steal our food and the remote.

"That's good. Did he get you anything?" Luke asks.

Niall makes a gagging noise from his seat. I roll my eyes as I pull my necklace out of my shirt. "He got me a necklace." I show Luke and he smiles.

"Cute," he says, nodding.

Connor chuckles before shoving more popcorn in his mouth. "So anyway, how was your Christmas?"

Luke rolls his eyes. "Jack came home so fucking drunk on Christmas morning."

"What the hell?" The rest of us say.

"He got mad at my parents for something stupid and he left and was gone all night. When he stumbled in the next morning, we were opening our gifts. My parents freaked out and almost killed him right there."

I knew Luke's brother was bad, but I didn't think he was that bad. I mean, what kind of person comes home drunk on Christmas morning?

I've only met Jack once, briefly. He was kind of nice, in a weird flirty way, but also kind of an asshole, which Connor warned me about before I met him.

"Shit," Connor mutter, shaking his head.

Luke groans in response. "Yeah," he mutters. "So my dad got so pissed off, he made the rest of us stay home all day. Like, what the hell did we do? It's not mine and Nina's fault their first born is the spawn of Satan."

Niall laughs. "So you just stayed home all day? Babysitting?"

Luke rolls his eyes again. "Yeah, I had to miss out on my grandma's cooking. Do you know how angry I was when my mom ordered Chinese food for Christmas dinner?"

I hold back my laughter and hit Niall when he starts laughing harder. "I'm sorry, Luke. You should've told me. I'm sure my parents would've let you and Nina come with us."

"Where is Nina?" Connor asks.

Luke gives him a funny look. "At home..."

"Oh..." Connor says. He sounds disappointed for some reason. Weird?

"Anyway," Luke starts again, "it's okay. I survived."

"I'm sorry, sweetie," I tell him, squeezing his shoulder.

He grumbles, sinking back into the couch. "Whatever."

I feel bad for Luke having to deal with all of his brother's shit. Niall can sometimes be a pain in the ass, but he's never been that bad. And Connor is just super nice to us because he thinks we're going to kill him in his sleep or ship him away to some island. To be honest, I think he watched too much Drake & Josh as a kid.