ten; the coldest stare

"Brianna!"

I turn around to find Calum dodging people in the hallway, trying to catch up to me.

I smile at him as he nears to me. "Hey, what's up?" I ask him as he catches his breath.

"Have you talked to Mikey since lunch?" He asks, breathing heavy.

I give him a funny look. "No, I see him after this period, before Spanish, why?"

He lets out a sigh of relief. "Okay, good. Listen, if he starts acting weird or starts saying crazy shit, just ignore him, he doesn't mean it."

"What are you talking about?" I ask, starting to get worried. "Is everything okay?"

He nods quickly, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Yeah, it's just some people have been telling him that dating you is a bad idea."

"Who?"

"Nobody important," he tells me, shaking his head. "I have to get to class, but remember, don't take him seriously, he doesn't know what he's talking about."

"Cal-" I try to stop him from running off so he can explain himself, but he runs off too quickly. I sigh and walk into History class.

Harry smiles at me from across the classroom. I smile at him and sit down in the seat next to him, putting my bag on the table.

"Hey," he says happily. "We have a sub today." He nods towards the front of the class to a man that isn't our regular teacher and grins.

I smile, silently thanking God because I really can't focus on history right now. "Do we have any work?"

He shakes his head. "Mr. T didn't leave any work," he says, grinning wider, "so we basically have a free period."

"Thank God," I say in relief.

Harry laughs. "I know. I didn't do the homework last night and he would've killed me."

I laugh. "Good to know you're taking the class seriously."

He pouts. "Hey! I am!" He argues.

I shake my head as he cross his arms. "Anyway," I begin, "can I ask you something?"

He turns to fully face me, leaning his back against the wall behind him. "What's up?"

"Have you noticed anything different about Mikey?" I ask.

I watch his expression fall, but he quickly shakes his head. "No, why?" He asks.

"Because Calum just told me that some people have told him that dating me is a bad idea and not to listen to him if he says anything."

"Umm," Harry stammers, "at lunch, when you left, Zayn was being a dick, but that was about it. He just kind of pissed off Mikey and he left the table. I haven't seen him since."

"What was he saying?" I ask, needing to know more now.

"Nothing, stupid shit," Harry tries assuring me. "I'm sure he's not going to listen to Zayn. He likes you a lot. You're really good for him."

"I hope you're right because as stupid as it sounds, I really don't want him to break up with me," I mumble.

Harry frowns. "Bri, he's not going to break up with you. Plus, if he does, he doesn't know how good he's got it."

I smile at him. "Thanks, Harry, you're really sweet."

He smiles. "It's no problem. I'm always here if you need me. Trust me, I get the whole complicated relationship thing. It can get hard."