two; confident

two; confident 

   “Ladies,” Jack says to us, interrupting our conversation about our plans for tonight. 

I roll my eyes and he leans down to kiss Audrey’s cheek. 

“Don’t even, Bri. You know you like me,” Jack says with a stupid grin.

I roll my eyes, again, and sigh. “I like the other one of you better.”

He clutches his shirt, like I had stabbed him in the heart and Audrey giggles because she is falling so hard for this idiot. “Ouch, that hurts. I thought we were friends?”

I ignore him and look at Audrey. “So anyway, we’ll meet at my house by eight. Luke’s curfew is at one so we’ll have plenty of time to eat and then go to the party.”

“What did you tell your parents?” she asks as Jack sits on the desk next to her.

“I’m going out and Connor and Niall are coming with me for supervision.”

“I can’t believe they fell for that.”

I grin at her. “My dad’s pretty chill about it. Plus, he still feels guilty about moving us across the country.”

“Guilt is always the most effective thing,” Jack chimes in. 

I look at him and then back at her, to continue our conversation. “But, anyway, I don't have a curfew.”

“Lucky!” She squeals. “I have to be home by two.”

“You could always tell them you're staying at someone's house,” Jack suggests. 

“Yeah, lover boy is right,” I say to her and Jack grins. “Stay at my house, my parents won't care.”

She nods happily. “Alright, I'll tell my mom,” she says, pulling out her phone to send her mom a text. 

“Are you two meeting up at the party or are you going together?” I ask, hoping it's the first. 

She looks up at me. “Jack said he was going to pick me up, so we'll meet you there,” she explains. Jack nods in agreement. 

“And then you're going to stay at my house after?” I ask and she nods. 

“Yup!”

“You could stay at my house, babe,” Jack says to her, putting an arm around her shoulders, pulling her into his side. 

She giggles and shakes her head. “Maybe another time, but not tonight,” she said quietly, kissing his cheek. 

I roll my eyes. It's only been a few days and I have a horrible feeling this is going to last much longer. I start to stand and grab my things. “Well, I’ll see you at the party. Text me when you get there and we can meet out front,” I tell Audrey. I turn to Jack. “Because you seem like Mr. Popular, is it at a house or an apartment or what?”

“He lives in on the Upper East Side, his dad is loaded. They live in one of those brownstones.”

“What does his dad even do?” I ask, very impressed. Even though I’ve only been here for a couple months only snobby rich people live on the Upper East Side and they send their kids to private school, not a public school on the other side of town.

Jack shrugs. “Nobody knows really. He doesn’t talk about it much.”

“You talk to him?” I ask.

He nods. “Sometimes; we have a free period together.”

“Could you introduce us?” I ask, just out of curiosity.

Jack laughs and Audrey rolls her eyes. “I guess, but why?” he asks.

“I want to get to know him,” I tell him.

“She just wants to know why everyone is so obsessed with him,” Audrey chimes in.

Jack scoffs. “He just gets into a lot of trouble. He doesn’t really give a shit about much other than his select group of friends and the other few he can tolerate.”

“Are you a friend?” I ask.

Jack shrugs. “I guess, I mean he invited me to his party today.”

I smile at Jack. “I think we’ll get along well, Jack.”

He chuckles and shakes his head. “I don’t like being used,” he tells me.

“I’m not using you, Jack, my friend. I only need you to introduce us.”

He smirks. “Why do you want to know him so bad?”

I roll my eyes. “I already told you why.”

Audrey laughs. “Are you sure you don't want to get with him?”

I glare at her. “No, I have better things to do.”

Jack chuckles. “Well, I'll put in a good word for you,” he tells me. 

“Thank you, Jack.”

“You're welcome.”

The bell rings before we can continue on with our conversation and I tell them both I'll see them later before leaving the classroom. 

I push my way through the crowded halls of annoyed teenagers trying to leave the building for their exciting weekend plans to get to my locker. When I finally get there I open it, putting my things away before grabbing my sweater and a notebook I needed for the weekend, not bothering to put it in my bag. I shut my locker and turn to be bumped into by some tall guy. 

I groan when my notebook is thrown across the hall as I land on my ass, with some douche bag on top of me. 

“Honestly, you can't watch where you're going?” I say, so very annoyed with this person. 

He gets off me and stands to his feet, smirking down. “Sorry, babe,” he says, offering a hand. “Wasn't paying attention.”

I take it and pull myself up. “Well maybe you should.”

He smiles at me, fixing his dark brown hair and brushing off his shirt. “I would've if I would've known I was going to knock down a pretty girl like you,” he says, trying to be smooth. 

I roll my eyes and release his hand. “Well, as much as I would love to hear more of your horrible pick up lines, I must go.”

He grabs my arm and stops me before I can even leave. “What's your name?”

I sigh. “Bri,” I answer. 

“Cute, I'm Calum. What grade are you in?”

“Eleventh,” I tell him 

“Hey, so am I.”

“Wow, super! Now can I go?”

“You coming to the party tonight?” He asks. 

I nod. “I might make an appearance.”

He smirks and nods. “Well, if you do, look out for me. Maybe we could get to know each other a little bit better.”

I scoff, nodding at him in a mocking way. “I'll think about it,” I tell him before walking to grab my notebook, shoving it in my bag and heading out the front door. 

I avoid as many people as I can as I walk to Niall's car. I honestly just want to get home and get ready for this party. I want to look my best because it's the first official party I've been to since living over here. So, I need to make a good first impression. 

When reach Niall's car, he's nowhere in sight. A whole bunch of kids get in their cars and leave while I wait for Niall to show up. While I wait, I decided to send our junior group chat (which consisted of me, Luke, Audrey, Sammy and Connor) a message. 

                        is the name calum important to our grade?

Luke responds within a few minutes as Connor walks towards me. Connor smiles at me and says something about how Niall was on his way. I nod and then look back at my phone. 

                        calum hood? he thinks he's a bad ass when he's just an asshole. he's friends with every other dick in our grade 

I laugh at his response as Niall finally shows up, unlocking the doors. I take the back seat since I sat shot gun this morning. As Niall starts the car, Connor leans back and tilts his head to look at me. 

“Luke's right, Calum is a dick. Why did you want to know?” He asks. 

“He just ran into me while I was at my locker and then asked me if I was going to the party tonight,” I explain to him, making a face at the memory. 

He chuckles. “Well, stay away from him. He's a horny bastard.”

“Who is?” Niall asks as we pull out of the parking lot. 

“Calum Hood,” Connor answers. 

Niall laughs. “He's plays varsity with me. He's pretty good, but he's cocky as hell.”

I laugh, rolling my eyes. “He didn't seem like the soccer type.”

Niall shrugs, looking at me through the mirror. “He's a starter, better than that Harry guys, I'll tell ya that.”

“Harry's cute, though. He could be the shittiest player and he would still look fantastic in those shorts.”

Niall rolls his eyes and scoffs. “That's enough.”

                                                 ××××××

At around ten-thirty, Niall, Connor, Liam, Ashton, Sammy, Luke, Nina and I arrive at the party. Like Jack said, Mikey lived in a brownstone his father owned. The whole first floor apartment is being used to house all the sweaty teenagers. 

We walk through the bodies to find the kitchen to meet Audrey and Jack. The kitchen sink is full of empty beer cans. The only reason I notice it is because we find the happy couple making out leaning up against it.

I snap my fingers near their faces and they pull away quickly. Audrey sees me and pulls me into a hug.

“Hey!” She says happily. “We got here, like, ten minutes ago.”

I laugh, shaking my head at them. Jack smiles at me and waves at me. “Does he only have beer?” I ask as I watch Niall open the fridge to grab a few cans. 

“Nah, there's some kind of twisted punch, liquor, that hard lemonade stuff and wine coolers somewhere. There are also Jell-O shots,” he says, taking a sip from his red cup. 

“What are you drinking?” I ask him, nodding towards his cup. 

“We spilt a beer,” he says, referring to Audrey. 

I nod and walk over to Luke, who's grabbing a can of beer out of his sister's hand. 

“No, hell no,” he tells her and she rolls her eyes. 

I laugh at his parenting and take the can from him. “Split it with me?” I ask, waving the can in his face. 

He sighs, turning away from his sister to nod at me. He turns back to her. “Keep your phone on and pay attention to your surroundings, Nina. No drinking or smoking because you're probably a light weight,” he tells her. 

She rolls her eyes. “You're probably a light weight,” she argues back. 

“I'll take you home if you want,” he warns as I hand him a red cup. 

She groans. “Fine, sorry, whatever. No drinking got smoking. I don't need drugs to have fun,” she tells him. 

“Freshmen are cute, aw,” a girl with messy, curly hair, bright blue eyes and heavy makeup says as she walks passed our group. She pulls a boy with brown messy hair through the kitchen, stopping and turning to Nina and smiling. “Babe, you'll learn soon that drugs are so fun,” she tells her. 

“Avery, cut the crap and leave her alone," Jack says, sounding very annoyed at this girl whose name is apparently Avery. 

She rolls her eyes and tells her boyfriend to grab another beer. He walks over the fridge and grabs a can and opens it, taking a long sip before handing it to her. After she takes a long sip, she turns to Nina again and Luke steps between them. 

Avery rolls her eyes and looks at Nina. “Listen, baby face, don't let him ruin your fun,” she tells her before grabbing her boyfriend by the shirt and walking herself and him out of the kitchen and into the packed and loud living room. 

Luke rolls his eyes and predictably tells Nina to stay away from her. 

“She has a stick up her ass, don't mind her,” Jack says. 

“Her boyfriend was like a little puppy dog,” I comment, taking a sip from my cup. I honestly hate the taste of beer, but I'm too lazy to find something else to drink. Plus, I only want a little buzz; I don't plan to get drunk. 

“He's very submissive,” Liam says. 

“Guess she wears the pants in their relationship,” Ashton says, cracking open a can. 

I shrug. “Well, let's go have fun,” I say, dragging Luke with me to the living room. 

He follows, yelling at his sister to stay out of trouble as I drag him away. The others eventually follow behind us. Connor ends up stay with Nina the whole night, while look stares her down. 

“Luke, you have to relax,” I say into his ear. “You're sister is fine!”

He rolls his eyes and takes a sip of his drink. “Yeah, sure.”

I groan and finish off my drink before placing my cup on a table. I take his drink after letting his finish and place it on the table with mine. I grab his hand and pull him as far away from his sister as possible. He protests, but stops when he realizes I don't want to hear it. 

“Luke, you have to have fun!” I shout over the music. “This is why I brought you with me, to have fun!”

He rolls his eyes. 

I sigh. “She's fine!”

“This was a bad idea!”

I groan and grab his hands in mine. “Dance with me, Luke! Stop freaking out over nothing! She's going to be fine with Connor!”

He sighs loudly. “Fine!”

I smile and kiss his cheek. “Now we can have fun!”

He rolls his eyes and smiles, starting to dance to a crappy remix of a much overplayed song. 

                          ××××××

“I need some air!” I shout over the loud music. 

Luke nods. “Do you want me to come with you?” He asks, raising his voice. 

I shake my head. “I'll just be a second, don't move!” I tell him before making my way through the sweaty bodies to the front door. 

When I get outside the brownstone apartment there's a bunch of people outside, running around on the city block. Some pressed up against building and cars and others just sitting on the front steps. A boy with very blond hair standing in front of the building, smoking a cigarette catches my eye. Mikey. 

I clear my throat and confidently walk over to him. “Hey,” I say to him. 

He turns to me, looks me up and down and then scoffs. “What do you want?”

“Shouldn't you be inside? It's your party?” I ask him, walking closer to him. 

He stares at me. “Can't you see I'm trying to smoke?”

“Oh,” I say stupidly. “Sorry, I didn't notice,” I lie. 

He rolls his eyes and takes another drag. “What do you want, princess?” He asks, saying princess in a mocking tone. 

I glare at him. “What's that supposta mean?” I ask with an attitude, popping my hip and placing my hand on it. 

He chuckles, taking another drag. “What's your name?”

“Not princess, I can tell you that.”

He smirks. “I'm Mikey.”

“Brianna,” I tell him, holding my glare. 

“Aren't you that girl that moved here from California?” He asks. 

I smile at him. “Yup.”

“So, why the fuck are you here? Aren't you suppose to be innocent and shit?”

“Because I can be. I had an invite,” I say bluntly, getting very annoyed by his attitude. 

“By who?”

“My brother is friends with Zayn,” I explain with a smile, taunting him.

“How old are you?”

“16,” I answer proudly. 

He rolls his eyes. “Shouldn’t you be fucking with somebody your age?”

“You’re only a year older than me, asshole. Don’t try to scare me away because it’s not going to work. You intrigue me Michael Clifford and I want to know why everyone is so obsessed with you,” I mouth off to him. He isn't as tough as everybody says he is- he's just a jerk. 

He smirks and blows a puff of smoke in my face, making me scrunch my nose at the toxic air. “You might find out things you didn’t want to know.”

I look at him, really look at him. Staring into his eyes as he takes another drag of his cigarette, I smile at him. “I’ll be the judge of that.”

He stares back, dropping his cigarette on the floor and stomping on it with his foot. “Listen, babe, I suggest you go back inside with your little friends.”

“Why? Scared I might figure you out?” I ask, daringly. 

He scoffs. “I don't have time for these games.”

“I'm not playing any.”

He rolls his eyes. “What do you want from me? What do you want me to do? Kiss you? Fuck you? What will get you to leave me alone?”

“I don't want anything from you, asshole.”

“So, then run along,” he tells me, nodding towards the front door.

I roll my eyes and decided I've had enough fresh air to last a lifetime. I turn on my heel and walk towards the door, only to be stopped by him yelling. 

“You're pretty hot, though, I'll give you that,” he shouts at me for everyone outside to hear. “You can take me up on my offer anytime you want, princess.”

I stop and turn to him. “Don't call me princess, you asshole.”

He chuckles and walks towards me. When he approaches me, he stops before walking inside. He leans down to my ear and my heart rate speeds up. His warm breath dances on my neck as the smell of cigarettes and cologne invade my nose, making me dizzy, like I'm falling under a spell. “No promises, princess,” he whispers before leaving me outside, very pissed off. 

××××××

an update after a million years :)

so what do you guys think so far? what do you think of michael? he seems fun...

please comment, vote and fan! tell me what you think! :) xx

love you ♥