nine; don't you call me vanilla

     "Good morning, princess."

Brianna smiles at me and kisses my lips. "Good morning," she says happily, taking my hand in hers. 

 "Are we walking by ourselves today?" I ask her, praying the answer is yes.  

Since we started dating, we decided to walk to school until it gets cold enough. So, every morning I've been coming to her apartment and walking with her to school. And ever since, Niall decided he wasn't going to drive to school anymore and walk with us and of course, Connor tagged along. 

 She shakes her head and frowns. "No."

 I groan. "Why not?" I'm not going to argue about it, but come on. Do they really think we're gonna fuck on the way to school? Honestly, I pick her up twenty-five minutes before the first bell for a twenty minute walk. I can't miss any days or be late without a real excuse or they'll hold me back again, and I'm not staying in high school until I'm fucking twenty years old.

 Plus, let's be real, if I wasn't serious about her, I would've fucked her and left a long time ago. It's been almost a month already, so they should trust me by now. I get the whole protective older brother thing from Niall and Connor just got a brother and a sister, so he's trying to be the best brother ever by protecting Brianna and listening to Niall about we shouldn't be dating, but come on

 "Because they don't trust you," she tells me. "So maybe if you talked to them instead of ignoring them and acting like a big tough guy, they would lay off," she says, nudging my side as Connor and Niall walk out of her building. 

 I groan and roll my eyes. 

 "Be nice," she scolds me. 

 "Hey," I mutter as the approach us. I force a smile and Brianna squeezes my hand, encouraging me on. "So, um, Niall," I say, getting his attention. 

 He looks at me, giving me his attention as he adjusts his backpack on his shoulders. 

 "Did you study for that English test?" I ask him, trying to make small talk as the four of us start down the street. A few weeks ago Niall switched into my English class. I didn't talk to him and he didn't talk to me, but we acknowledged each other.  

 "As if," He scoffs. "I could study for ten years straight and I would still fail every test in that class. She makes it impossible to pass anything. The test isn't even on any of the reading or shit we've learned!"

 I laugh. Finally, somebody agrees with me. "Right? I thought it was just me!"

 Brianna squeezes my hand and smiles up at me as in some sort of approval or encouragement. 

 "She's a bitch, she doesn't even care if everybody fails her class," Niall mutters. "She gave me a C+ on our last project and then refused to talk to me about what I could improve. Like what kind of bullshit is that?"

 "She gave me a D and told me I was lucky I got that," I tell him. "I work all week on that damn thing and I even read the book, which I never do."

 Brianna laughs from my side, leaning into me as we walk. "Is that why I barely saw you last week?"

 I look down at her and grin. "You should be proud of me," I say. 

 She smiles. "I'm so proud," she teases. 

 Niall laughs. "Well, like I said, she's a bitch."

 I nod. "I couldn't agree more."

 We continued on our walk for another fifteen minutes as we talked about school and other random things. When we finally arrived at school, we went our separate ways and I didn't get an dirty looks from Niall and Connor, which is a huge improvement.