Chapter 6

I woke up to Toothless in my face.

''Ahhhh!  Toothless don't do that!''

''Oh thank god your okay.'' He sighed in relief.

''Yeah, what happened?''  I stood up and observed my surroundings.  I was in a small cave with ice and moss.

''You fainted after seeing the Alpha.''

''Oh.....''

Toothless looked at me with a confused expression.  ''Why?''

''Oh, Toothless, do I really need to-''

''Yes.  Northstar, I need to know in order to protect you.  You can trust me.''

I sighed.  ''Well...''

~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~

I looked up into my mother's eyes.  She was a beautiful dragon, with her black scales, one white diamond shape on her forehead, and deep green eyes.

''Now young one, you must stay in the cave with me until your father returns.  Why don't you play with your brother?''

I spun around to face my brother.  He had deep red eyes and red tips on his wings.  I playfully growled as we began a game of rough and tumble.

This went on for about an hour before we heard a large body land in the cave.  We stopped and looked to our father.  He was the leader of our pack.  He was jet black with the deepest bluest eyes.  I looked to my mother and me and my brother ran outside.

But when we got out there we noticed small floating planks of wood on the beach and creatures running inland.  My brother and I sprinted inside and cowarded behind my mom.

''What's wrong, darlings?''  My father stepped outside and gasped. 

''Luna, hide the kids.  Humans are attacking!''  My dad yelled.

''What? How'd they find us?''

''I don't know.....''  and with that, he flew off to fight.  Me mom grabbed us by the scruff and put us behind a rock in the back of the cave.

''Stay here....'' she began crying and licked each of us.  ''I love you....''  She flew off to help my dad and the rest of the pack.  My brother and I heard sreams of pain from dragons and the new creatures.

Suddenly, a thing Dad had called a human walked into the cave.  He saw us and grabbed both of us by the scruff.  He took out a shiney object and thrust it into my brother.  He screamed in pain and fell to the ground, dead.

The human looked at me and prepared the object again.  I closed my eyes and prepared myself.  But it never came.  Instead a deep voice boomed in the cave.

''Stop!''  A large man with scars and long black hair and a beard walked in.  He took me from the other human and studied me over. 

''Huh, his one could be useful.  Take her to the ship.''

~~~~~~~3 days later~~~~~~~~

The man who took me feom my home walked up to the cage they kept me in.  I coward to the back.

He had an evil glint in his eyes and rased this sharp stick above his head.  He bagan yelling and swinging the stick.  I watched wide eyed them bowed down to him.  He hit it against the ground.

''You belong to me now.'' He said in a deep, husky voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been 5 years since Drago took me from my island, or at least thats what the other men called him.

I was now 6 years old and fully grown.  Drago practiced controlling me everyday.  But today, im not gonna let him.

He walked into the room they kept me and looked into my eyes.  He demanded I let him ride me, like he's done for the past two months.  I refused.

He looked surprised then angry. 

''Fine, if you won't listen to me.... then you will listen to the alpha!"  He grabbed one of the ropes attached to my neck and dragged me outside.  He looked over the edge of the ship and yelled into the water.

Sudenly, a deep gray dragon lifted its gigantic head up to face us.  Drago pointed the staff at me and I looked to the alpha dragon.  His eyes turned into slits and made a weird sound.  I heard his voice in my head, as well as a high piched scream.  I shook me head and rubbed against the ground.

''Bow to me! I am your ALPHA!''

I felt my eyes turn into slits and my vision went blurry.  He had control of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~End of Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~

''The alpha controlled me over the next 14 years.  I slowly built up resistance against him and eventually, he could no longer control me.  He nor Drago.  When Drago realized this, he tortured me, cut my tail, and left me on that beach to die....''  By the end of my story I was crying and snuggling into Toothless.  He wrapped his wing around me.

''Im sorry, Northstar.  But I promise, I will never let anything happen to you again.''  He reasted his head on mine.

I lookes up into his eyes.  ''Toothless?''

He looked back at me.  ''Yes?''

I began to tear up again.  ''I love you.''