Chapter 10

We flew for what felt like hours before we finally arrived at Berk. But we were too late. The alpha beat us there and Drago was still riding Toothless and comanding the alpha. We flew around them and landed on the ground.

''Okay, you guys distract the alpha while Northstar and I get Toothless back.'' Hiccup comanded to the gang. They ran off and Hiccup ran into the forge.

He came out with a saddle. ''Okay, girl, this is Toothless' spare saddle. I need to be able to hang on to something.'' I nodded and he tightened the girth. It was a little big, but it'd have to do.

We flew up so we were in front of Toothless.

His husky voice scared me a little, ''you certainly are hard to get rid of, I'll say that.'' He glared at me, ''And I felt you on that beach to die.''

I saw black spots but shook them off. Hiccup took a deep breath and began, ''Toothless? I'm right here bud. Please come back to me.''

''He doesn't belong to you anymore. He belongs to the Alpha. But, please, oh great dragon master, try to take him back. He will not miss a secomd time.'' The alpha moved so his head was under us. Toothless shook his head and regained some control but the alpha gained it back instantly.

Hiccup reached out his hand it was my turn to talk. ''Toothless? I know your in there some where. Please, I need you, Hiccup needs you. I know you would never hurt Stoick, or Hiccup. I know you'd never hurt me.'' Hiccup touched his muzzle as I said, ''Toothless, I love you.''

I flew back a few inches and Toothless dropped his head. When he looked back up, he had wide pupils and full control of himself. He looked to me. ''I love you too.'' I moved back to him and nuzzled him.

Suddenly, I heard Drago yelled and felt his staff painfully hit the side of my head. I moved back and Toothless bit the staff, turning so Drago fell. He gave us a gummy smile and Hiccup stood up on my back and yelled, ''yeah!'' Toothless began falling because of his tail and Hiccup jumped, diving to save his best friend.

Luckily, Hiccup reached Toohkess in time and they pulled up right before they hit the water. I landed to watch as they flew behind a giant piece of ice. They came from the ice and flew toward the Alpha and , to my disappointment, Drago, who had someone managed to land on the Alpha's tusk. I heard Astrid yell, ''Take em down, babe!'' I giggled a little and turned my attention back to he fight. Hiccup had managed to knock Drago off the tusk with an explosion and was now flying Toothless toward Drago, who was laying on the ground with his staff laying a few feet away.

Toothless skidded his wing against the ground, kicking up some dirt. Hiccup threw his flaming sword between Drago and his staff.

''It's all over, Drago.''

Drago looked up and I followed his gaze. The Alpha was preparing to shoot ice at Hiccup. Toothless hadnt noicted so I ran to protect Hiccup.

''Or is it?'' Was all I heard before I jumped, covered Hiccup, and was surrounded by ice.