Chapter 9

Hiccup lay panting and Toothless had a greenish smoke coming from his mouth.  Hiccup got up and ran over to Stoick.  Valka and I ran over too.  The alpha let Toothless go and Astrid ran by him. 

Hiccup struggled to over turn his father.  ''Dad!''  Valka kneeled down and helped Hiccup.  She listened for a heartbeat, but shook her head.

Hiccup went wide eyed.  ''No... I-"

Astrid put her hand on Hiccup as they mourned.  I sat behind them and wrapped my wings around Hiccup, Astrid, and Valka.  Toothless whined and nuzzled Stoicks hand.

''No! Get away from him!'' Toohless whined again but was shooed away by Hiccup.  He ran off.  I began to cry.

''It's not his fault, you know that, Hiccup.'' explained Valka, ''Good dragons under the control of bad people do bad things.''

We sat there for a few minutes before we heard Toothless' roar.  The alpha had control of him again and he was trying to fly to follow his master.  Hiccup got up, but Valka held him back.  We watched Drago mount Toothless and tell his men to gather the dragons and head to Berk.

When they were gone, I helped lift Stoick onto an abandoned ship and we held a funeral.

~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~

Hiccup turned to us with a determined look in his eyes.  ''A chief protects his own.  We are going back to Berk.''

I smiled a little, but the moment was ruined by the twins.

''Uh, how?  They took all the dragons,'' said Tuffnut.

''Well, except Northstar, but I dont think she can carry all of us,'' explained Ruff.

''He didn't take all the dragons.''

We ran into what was left of the sanctuary and found some baby dragons.  Everyone mounted one of them except Hiccup.  He turned to me and looked me in the eye.

''Okay, girl, please trust me.  We need to help Toothless.  We need to help your mate and my best friend.'' He held out his hand and bowed his head.  I looked to his hand and leaned forward, gentely putting my snout against his hand.  He looked up with a smile and walked to my side.  I bowed my head and Hiccup hopped on.  He didn't really have anythig to hang on to so I'd have to fly slow.

We took off and flew out of the sanctuary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you guys sooooo much for all ur support,  it is absolutely breathtaking.  I want to give a shout out to icecold8000 and creepypasta14 for the wonderful comments and encouragement.

Thank u guys again!  

-Lauren