Chapter 16

I woke up, moaning.  My vision was a little blurry but I could make out that I was Hiccup's room.  I shot up and saw Toothless on the ground next to the bed, sleeping. 

''Toothless?''  I tried to yell but my throught was so dry it came out more like a whisper.

Toothless jumped up and looked at me.  ''Northstar!  You're okay!''  He nuzzled me.

''Toothless, what happened?''  He told me the whole story.  Apparently, Toothless showed up with Hiccup a little early.  He landed in the cave and saw me on the ground , bleeding.  He heard a scream of pain come from the back of the cave and rushed over, causing Hiccup to fall off in the process.  What he found was horrific.  Fern had Scorch in his mouth, lifelessly dangling.  He say the other pups behind Fern, dead and soaking in their own blood.  He swiftly killed Fern and turned back to me.  By the end of his story I was crying.  My pups, all dead. 

Toothless continued. ''I was about to leave with Hiccup crying on my back and carrying you.  But I heard a small squeal in the back of the cave.  I set you down and Hiccup and I investigated.  A small head looked at me from around the dead body of Fern.''  Toothless got up and walked to the other side of the room.  He grabbed a black lump and gentely placed it infront of me.  The little black pup opened his eyes.  I did a double take before realizing Hiccup was the only pup to survive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!  So this is the last chapter of this book but let me know if u want me to make a second book, maybe from Hiccups, the pup, perspective, or keep it as Northstar's.  But thank u so much for all the support, it is absolutely breathtaking.  This book was so much fun to write.  Hope u guys enjoyed it as much as I did.

-Lauren