[13] CARNATIONS

#8 WISH: jungkook, do you like carnations?

Jungkook had been hanging out till late hours at night because he did not want to see Taehyung. When he saw Taehyung, his heart would always be in turmoil. It was an uncomfortable feeling.

He did not see Taehyung as often anymore because he would always be out during daytime and told Jungkook that he had something to do. Jungkook did not know what he was doing, but he had never asked.

One night, Jungkook finally returned back to his room after a long night out. When he entered his room, he saw that Taehyung had fallen asleep on the table. The room was dimly lit with a candle and the warm yellow light illuminated Taehyung's face.

With gentle lashes drooping down his lids, smooth jade-like skin and features that were so gentleㅡ Taehyung looked incredibly beautiful.

Jungkook sucked in his breath.

Then, his gazed landed on something else. Taehyung was holding something in his handㅡ it was a small red sachet. Jungkook took a closer look and he noticed that there was a familiar fragrance.

It was the smell of carnations, Jungkook's favourite flower. Carnations also meant- wish i could be with you.

So this was what Taehyung had been so busy for. He was busy looking for carnations and making a perfume sachet for Jungkook.

How did he know it was for him? Because on the sachet, a gold bold letter had been sewed on. The letter "J".

Back then, Taehyung used to make many perfume sachets for Jungkook too. He had never used them and kept them like treasures.

".." Jungkook held onto the sachet tightly before putting it in his robes. Taehyung must've worked so hard on it to the point where he fell asleep on the table. Jungkook's heart softened at this thought.

He then carried Taehyung up and laid him down on the floor.

For some reason, Jungkook felt like sleeping on the table would be more comfortable for Taehyung. The floor was so cold and hard, he must be uncomfortable.

It took this clueless prick way too long to realise.

After thinking for a while, Jungkook took his own pillow and placed it under Taehyung's head.

Better.

As he was fixing Taehyung's messy robes, something had caught his eyes. He gulped.

On Taehyung's chest, there was a scar. Jungkook slowly caressed the scar and seemed to be lost in thought.

It was the scar that Jungkook had left. Because of this scar, Taehyung's life was taken.

At that moment, Jungkook hated himself.

He gently stroked the scar with his fingers and he finally couldn't hold back his feelings anymore.

He leaned in and placed a small kiss on the scar.

one kiss. two kisses. three kisses.

"....Sorry." He murmured.

Jungkook leaned in closer to Taehyung's face and planted another kiss on his forehead.

"But you deserved it."

Those words were bitter for Jungkook to say, even bitter for him to swallow.

A thought suddenly came up to his mind.

The Taeyung that had wronged him was the Taehyung in the past. Not the Taehyung he was kissing now.

This Taehyung had never wronged him yet.

This was the Taehyung who would make Jungkook carnation sachets.

This was the Taehyung who would play with him in the snow.

This was the Taehyung who would watch the moon with him.

This was the Taehyung who would take care of him when he was ill.

Jungkook closed his eyes.

This was the Taehyung he had once loved.

This was the Taehyung he had once wanted to give the whole world to.

This was the Taehyung he had once wanted to spend the rest of his life with.

He.. Whatever.

Jungkook covered Taehyung's bare chest with his robes and climbed onto his bed to sleep. He used his arm as his pillow and held onto the perfume sachet tightly.

"..wish i could be with you."