[8] ROOF

#3 WISH: jungkook, climb on the roof with me.

Jungkook had been cold towards Taehyung ever since that day.

How dared he? He was the reason why Jungkook had to starve, and now he wanted to cook for him again? Where was Taehyung when Jungkook had to fight for food with stray dogs? What kind of sick joke?

Taehyung had seen it coming so he decided to sleep outside and let Jungkook be.

He knew that Jungkook hated him and couldn't wait to see him go. He knew he was not worthy enough for Jungkook.

One night as Taehyung was resting outside Jungkook's room, the door suddenly creaked opened.

He lifted his head and saw Jungkook staring down at him. His eyes were so sharp that Taehyung could almost feel his stare piercing right through him.

"You, when are you going to leave?" Jungkook asked. His tone was cold.

A vibrant smile suddenly appeared out of nowhere on Taehyung's face. "I suddenly thought of another wish."

Jungkook lifted one brow. "What is it?"

"Jungkook, climb on the roof with me."

Back then, this master and disciple used to always climb on the roof to watch the night sky together. It was a small escape and the roof had always been their secret place.

"Jungkook, look! A shooting star!"

"You believe in that? How childish." Jungkook snorted.

Taehyung didn't pay the latter any mind and he clasped his hands together before shutting his eyes.

"I hope that Jungkook and I will get to enjoy many many more nights on the roof together."

Jungkook laughed out loud at how childish Taehyung's wish was but before he knew it, a faint tint of red had already appeared on his face. "...."

After finished wishing, Taehyung opened his eyes and turned around to look at Jungkook.

"Do you think that will come true?" He asked with a wide grin.

Jungkook immediately looked the other way as he felt his heart pounding fast. "...Who knows."

It did not come true afterall. The wish had disappeared with the shooting star that was never to return.

Ever since Jungkook left, Taehyung had always been on the roof alone.

"Jungkook, help me up!"

Jungkook clicked his tongue and held onto Taehyung's hand tightly. He pulled Taehyung up but he had exerted too much strength.

"Ah!"

Taehyung was as light as feather and he fell forward, landing on Jungkook.

"Ouh..." Taehyung slowly opened his eyes and noticed that he was currently pressing onto Jungkook's body, chest against chest. His face immediately turned red.

"So-sorry!"

Taehyung tried to get up hastily but he soon realized that if he missed one step, the two of them would roll down the roof. "......"

"What are you doing? Get the hell up!" Jungkook cursed out. This position was really too much for Jungkook.

They were way too close. He felt like if Taehyung stayed on him any longer, he wouldn't be able to handle it.

"You think I don't want to? If I do we will fall from the roof!" Taehyung replied.

Jungkook grunted and gave up with a loud sigh. "Whatever. Let's just stay like this then."

One on top, another one at the bottom. Their chests were pressed firmly against one another and they could hear each other's heartbeat.

thump. thump. thump.

No, how was it possible? Taehyung did not have any heartbeat, so it was only Jungkook.

Jungkook immediately looked away. He wasn't sure if he was blushing or not.

This situation reminded him too much of that one night when he tried to hide his feelings under the moonlight. like a coward.

That winter night was cold but for the two of them, it was so hot that they had trouble breathing. The air around them became thicker and the silence was killing Jungkook.

After thinking for a while, he spoke. "Taehyung, you.. don't need to sleep outside anymore. You can sleep in my room."

He immediately regretted. What did he just say? Why would he want Taehyung to sleep in his room!

Taehyung was stunned for a moment but then he smiled. "Mm."

The night went on with an even longer period of silence. Taehyung felt pretty awkward and he tried to shift his position but he made everything worseㅡ Jungkook groaned.

Taehyung could suddenly feel a hard object pressing against his thigh.

Taehyung: "..."

Jungkook: : "............................."

"...Jungkook, ahahaha the moon is so pretty tonight hahahaha..." Taehyung tried to fond excuses to laugh it off but his pea sized brain could only think so much. He became more flustered.

Jungkook was trying so hard to hold it back but he had failed miserably. Knowing that he had lost his last piece of dignity, he wrapped his arms around Taehyung tightly.

"Stop moving." Jungkook ordered and Taehyung could feel chills running down his spine.

The little boy with squeaky voice who would wish him good night every night, when did his voice turn this deep..

Taehyung closed his eyes and allowed himself to relax into Jungkook's chest.

They stayed in the same position until the next morning.