[22] FLASHBACK

#17 WISH: jungkook, can you still write beautiful poems for me?

Jungkook spent the rest of the night drinking with the other guests. He hated socialising, but that night, he wanted to get drunk.

He did not know how he would face Taehyung if he was sober so he just chugged down all the shots that he was offered.

Emperor Jung had prepared rooms for all the guests and Taehyung went back to Jungkook's room to take a rest first.

He was restless. His 'heart' was beating so fast and he could feel butterflies bursting in his stomach.

"Jungkook..Jungkook.." He mumbled to himself, tasting that familiar name in his mouth.

Before calamity befell on the two of them, they were so close that nothing could ever seperate them.

One summer night, Jeon Palace was set on fire. Everyone in the palace was annihilated. They were powerless. They were defeated. They lost.

In one blink, Jungkook became an orphan at the age of five. He was forced to bury his parents with his own hands after watching them being murdered right before his eyes.

Cruel. The world was way too cruel on him.

"Mom..Dad...Why did you leave me.." The tiny Jungkook cried out as he dug out more soil to cover the two lifeless corpses.

After hearing the news, Kim Palace rusehd over to offer help but they were too late. Taehyung scanned around the area and he saw a tiny figure walking all by himself.

Little Jungkook cried so much to the point where he couldn't see the road properly. He ended up tripping and fell flat on the ground. "Uwaaaa...!!!!"

Seeing that, Taehyung quickly approached the younger and reached out his hand to help.

"Little one, what's your name?"

Taehyung was the one who saved him from the abyss. He had brought him back to the Kim Palace and gave him a place to stay. He gave him a new place to call home.

Although they were only only 3 years apart, Taehyung was the one who had taught Jungkook how to read, how to write, what's wrong, what's right, what are morals and how to wield his sword. Naturally, Jungkook had accepted Taehyung as his master and Taehyung took Jungkook in as his disciple.

"Jungkook, never seek for revenge, love all, do wrong to none."

"Yes, master!"

During the time they had spent together, none of them noticed that a spark had been ignited. They never knew that the things that they did sometimes, were things they did out of love.

That type of love where you are mine, and I am yours.

Taehyung had learnt how to cook black bean noodles for Jungkook, Jungkook had learnt how to write for Taehyung.

He wanted to write many many beautiful poems for Taehyung while Taehyung wanted Jungkook to remember the taste of home.

Jungkook worked hard to perfect his sword techniques so that he could protect Taehyung in the future and Taehyung would stay up all night sewing Jungkook's clothes that were torn off during training.

It was a love that was so pure.

Where did it all go wrong?

The one who had saved Jungkook from the abyss, was also the one who had pushed Jungkook back into the abyss.

That one night, Taehyung was resting in his chamber when he heard some noise. He opened his eyes and the sight that greeted him was a bloody Jungkook.

He was not injured, the blood on his body was not his.

Taehyung became alerted and frantically got up from his bed. "Jungkook..?!"

Jungkook noticed that Taehyung was awake and his round eyes wavered. He immediately dropped his sword and the body he was holding.

"M-Master, I.."

Taehyung looked at the corpse and noticed that that man had a curse sign on his neck. "..?!"

Jungkook had used a forbidden technique to kill off this manㅡ was what Taehyung thought.

It was a technique that would devour a person's internal organs before making them bleed to death from all seven orifices.

"What have you done?!" Taehyung roared out.

"I-I was.."

"Did you..? Did you use...to kill?!"

Jungkook's eyes were watery and he frantically shook his head. "No! He was.. He was trying to harm-"

"No?! That man is dead.. That man.. He's dead!" Taehyung pointed his trembling finger at the corpse before pointing it at Jungkook.

"You... You're a beast! Devil! How dare you kill someone with the sword I taught you to hold?! Going as far as using the forbidden technique? Jeon Jungkook, who do you think you are?!"

Taehyung was so furious and he could feel his scalp going numb. The people who heard the commotion also came rushing to see what was going on.

"This... how could this happen?!"

"Oh my god that Jeon guy killed someone!"

"That curse mark.. isn't that..?!"

"I told you! Don't just simply pick up trash from outside into our palace! Look.. Look at what he had done.."

Jungkook felt like someone had dropped a heavy stone onto his head. It was so heavy that he couldn't lift his head up to look at his master.

"No..No.." Jungkook's body was trembling violently as he crawled towards Taehyung and hugged his leg.

"It wasn't.. I wasn't.. Master, listen to me, I.." He was crying so hard that he couldn't form his words properly.

"N-never seek for revenge, love all, do wrong t-to none.."

"Youㅡ!" Taehyung became more furious as he heard those words.

"Jeon Jungkook."  Taehyung closed his eyes and clenched his fists. With a deep breath, he said, "From now on, I am no longer your master."

"Get out of here."

The four words pierced right into Jungkook's chest. His teary eyes widened. "...What..? No, master, I can explain I-"

"What is there to explain?!" Taehyung grabbed Jungkook by the collar and looked at him with flames in his eyes.

"You killed someone innocent! With such technique.. Y-You devil.. You can't repent for your sins anymore. Get out.. Get out of here!!"

Once again, Jungkook fell into darkness beyond measure. How much darkness can one take without any light?

The universe reached its hands out, caressed Jungkook's cheeks and whispered, "You were born to be treated with insincerity. Love, is something that you can long for, but never will get."

Taehyung's head throbbed with great pain as he recalled back everything.

Jungkook was not wrong, he was the one who did not trust Jungkook.

He was the devil to Jungkook.