[9] COLD

#4 WISH: jungkook, let me take care of you.

The servants who passed by saw Jungkook sleeping alone on the roof, but they did not dare to disturb him so they just let him be.

They thought that it was quite funny too because he looked like he was hugging the air.

Who in the right mind would sleep outside during winter? Naturally, Jungkook caught a cold.

But he did not care. In fact, he had actually gotten used to the cold. There was once when he almost died while struggling to find the tiniest bit of warmth in the cold harsh winter.

It was a miracle that he made it out alive.

"Jungkook, you caught a cold?" Taehyung asked with a concerned expression.

Jungkook coughed and waved his hand to brush Taehyung off. "No, I'm fine. This is nothing."

Jungkook got up from his bed but he was pushed down to sit immediately by Taehyung.

"What are you doing?" He blinked and looked up at the elder.

"You should take some rest for today."

Jungkook smirked. "You're worried?"

Taehyung remained silent. He sat down by Jungkook's side and tried to cover him with the blanket but his hands were slapped away.

"What do you think you're doing? I said I'm already used to it. When you threw me onto the streets ten years ago, I had already gotten used to the cold! This is nothing!" Jungkook yelled out.

The little kid who would try his best to cover his trembling body with a cupboard appeared in his mind. His fingertips and toes turned purple and became so numb that he could not feel them anymore.

It was all because of Taehyung.

"Why didn't you tell me to rest when you let me deal with the cold winter alone? Why didn't you try to tug me in when I was struggling to fight the cold? Where were you? Where the fuck were you?! You.."

As Jungkook spoke, tears started streaming down his cheeks. It was way too painful for Jungkook. The dark past that he had hid away surged in and took over his mind.

Without saying any word, Taehyung pulled Jungkook into a tight embrace.

Jungkook widened his eyes and he tried to break free but he felt like Taehyung's hug was unbreakable.

"It must've been so hard for you.. I'm sorry, Jungkook."

Taehyung's 'heart' ached so badly that it was as if someone was constantly stabbing onto it with a knife. His hug became tighter as he tried to swallow down his emotions.

This was the exact hug that Jungkook had once longed for. The warmth that Jungkook had once almost died for.

He could not break free. He didn't want to.