Chapter 13: Together again

The streets were empty. Birds were flying home. Only a few people were still out on the street. They held on to each other so tight, like loved ones do. Laughter was heard. They were also on their way home. The sun was set. The night began. Little did Taylor know that she was on her way home. To Laura.

'Bye Holly. Thanks for everything.' Taylor said. They were both standing at the front door of Holly's house. 'Yeah sure. Thank you honey for coming. Sorry about the emergency, otherwise we could hang out a little bit longer.' Holly lied to Taylor. Holly had all the time in the world to spent with Taylor. Only someone was waiting at her house for Taylor...

'Yeah of course, I understand! See yaaa!' Taylor said while coming close to Holly to give her a goodbye hug. 

While walking back to her house Taylor looked at the sky above her. You couldn't see any stars because of all the light New York carried with her. But still Taylor thought it looked beautiful. She took a big breath and whispered, 'Only one more night...'. 

She closed her eyes and remembered the first kiss she and Laura shared. It was a beautiful night. The view from the terras was breathtaking, but the view of the lady in front of her was even more beautiful. The touch of her lips felt like kissing heaven or a soft rose. While thinking about this Taylor bit her lip.

She stood still and opened her eyes. Now she could only appreciate her relationship with Laura even more. After missing her, she realized how much Laura meant to her. And realized how she could make here feel. Suddenly an idea appeared in her head. She was going to surprise her girlfriend tomorrow when she got home. She was going to make sure that Taylor totally wants to do this and is loving her so much. Unfortunately, Laura who was only a few minutes away now had the exact same idea.

Laura was standing on the stairs. Her eyes were switching from the clock to the front door. Why isn't Taylor here yet? Thoughts were spinning through her head. Did something happen to her? What if she got hit by a car? What if she is not coming home tonight? Laura was so struck in her thoughts that the sound of the jingling keys made her jump. 

'Taylor' she whispered. She quickly scanned the room. Then she ran up the stairs into the bedroom of Taylor. 

Taylor was at her front door. Singing and murmering the lyrics of stay with me. Laura could hear her girlfriend from up stairs. 'Oh want you stay with me, cause you're all I need.' Laura chuckled at the cuteness and whispered 'I will Tay, I will.' 

Taylor opened she door and gasped. Her eyes went over her living room. The room was filled with candles. She quickly closed her eyes and smelled it. 'Vanilla cinnamon,' she signed, 'my favorite.' 

She opened her eyes again and noticed that the candles were laid in a path. A path that would lead the way to Laura. Taylor really didn't know what was happening. She was struck by surprise. 

Is it from Laura? It can't she in still in New Yersey, she thought. She walked the path of the candles. Her hands were against her chest, trying to calm her heart. She was going crazy and couldn't hide her smile. Secretly she was hoping it was from Laura.

She walked and end up at the encounter of her kitchen. She noticed a vase with a beautiful bouquet of white roses. 'My favorite again, they are beautiful.' She said out loud. She shove the vase closer to her and smelled deeply. She couldn't believe what was happening to her

She looked aside from the vase and saw a card written with her name. 'For Taylor'. Her smile grew bigger and she opened the card.

When Laura first wanted to write a card, she found out that it was quite the struggle. She bought about 30 cards and threw them all away. She was so frustrated about the fact that she couldn't express in words the things that she felt. She wanted it to be perfect just like Taylor.