Chapter 12: Talking & Preparations

It was 2 a.m. The raven haired girl couldn't sleep a wink. She was walking from side to side in her old room. She already packed her bags and her passport was laying on my desk. She unlocked her screen and started giggling. I forgot that I changed my background into a picture of Taylor, because I'm missing her more, Laura thought. Uhhh I feel like a teenager, Laura thought to herself. 'What is she doing to me?' Laura said to the reflection in the mirror.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Laura stood still. 'Laura, honey, are you awake?' Laura's mom asked. Laura smiled, her mom was her rock and always knew when something was up with her.

After Laura's dad died on quite a young age she dealt with some issue's and her mom noticed. One day she locked herself up in her room for more than a day. She wouldn't eat or drink. And only her mom knew how to solve the problem. 'Egg can you open the door please?' Her mom asked. Egg was Laura's nickname that her mom and brothers would always call her.

Laura would never say no to her mom and openend the door. They didn't need to say a word only the company of each other is enough. 'I know what's up with you.' Her mom said. Laura would wipe her tears away and looked at her mom. 'How?' She softly asked. 'I know because today is fathers day and it's the first time without him.' Her mom lowered her eyes. Laura started crying again and gave her mom a hug. She knew she needed to be strong for her.

'I miss him so much, mom.' She said. 'So much, I just.. I can't... I... I...' Laura's mom grabbed her face and held it against her chest. 'Breathe honey, breathe.' Her mom said. Laura contained her breaths but her sobs became louder. 'Shhh... I know honey. Shhh.... I miss him too.' Laura looked up and their eyes met.

'He is so proud of you egg. You that. How about we go to his grave and collect some flowers to make a nice bouquet?' Her mom asked. Laura wiped her tears. 'That would be great.'

And now a several years later Laura's mom was still at her door. 'Yes I am, I am awake.' Laura answered and walked to the door to open it. Her mom was standing in front of her in her robe. She was not sick anymore and looked better than ever.

'I couldn't sleep as well and I heard you walking for like 30 minutes in your room, so I knew something is up with my girl.' Her mom said. She walked inside and sat on the bed. She patted on the spot next to her, to gesture Laura to come sit next to here.

Laura gave her mom a smile. She grabbed her hand and needed it. 'I'm sorry if I kept you awake. But it's nothing bad. It's actually quite good, too good. I'm just nervous.' Laura's mom, Majorie, looked into her daughters eyes and saw some twinkles. She hasn't seen them in a long time. Her heart warmed.

'Hmm I see it in your eyes.' She said. Both her and her daughter needed to laugh a little. 'Is this about the person with who I interrupted your little intimate session with?' Majorie asked. Laura's eyes grew bigger and she layed her hands against her eyes. 'MOM'. Majorie started to laugh out loud. Laura hasn't hear her laugh like this in ages.

Majorie grabbed Laura's hands so she could see her daughters eyes again. 'I'm sorry, I will never walk into your room again without knocking.' Laura rolled her eyes. 'But I have to admit I haven't seen you this happy in ages.' She said. She lowered her voice. 'And I haven't heard you come like this in ages.' Majorie started giggling. 'MOMMM!' Laura jumped of her bed and started shaking her head. 

'I know we are best friends. But we are still mother and daughter. There are somethings we just cannot discuss.' Laura looked at her mom and saw her biting her lip to contain her laughter. It looked so funny. So Laura bursted into laughing as well. 'Ohh who am I kidding.' She said.

Laura joined her mom on her bed again and she gave her a hug. 'So yeah, I really didn't talk to you about it. But yeah I found maybe the love of my life.' Majorie could notice her daughters cheeks getting more pink, her smile started to grow and her eyes were sparkling. 'I just... I don't know how I tell you this.'