Chapter 18: Announcement

It was dark outside. But the inside of Laura's house was bright, not because of the light but because of the people. All the cast, well actually their friends were inside. Everyone was sitting at the table, Taylor and Laura were in the middle with next to them Dasha, Jackie and Uzo. Danielle and Natasha were on their opposite. Next to them were Yael, Selenis and Kate. The just finished the main dish. A pasta with homemade pesto sauce.

Everyone gave Laura compliments about the amazing food, it really was. ''Damnn Pre, can't I just pay you so you can make dinner for me every night? I can pick it up to make it easier.'' Natasha said. Everyone laughed. ''Also you need to share this recipe with us.'' Kate said. ''Haha I will, it's all because of my mom, she came with it.'' Laura laughed.

Taylor laid her hand on Laura's thigh and whispered, ''This is indeed really tasty, however there is one thing that I think is even tastier.'' She bit her lip and looked into Laura's eyes. ''You, Can't wait for dessert.'' Taylor smirked and Laura's eyes grew wider. ''Shhttt....'', the raven haired said while she could feel goosebumps all over her body. She started to laugh. ''I like yours too.'' Laura whispered. ''Oh honey, I know.'' The blonde said. Taylor could be very subtle, she continued the conversation with Uzo while slowly straddling the raven haired thigh. 

Uzo looked at Taylor and noticed a beautiful ring on her fingers. It was the promise ring that Laura gave to her earlier this evening to ask her to be her girlfriend. ''Oh my god Taylor, this ring is so beautiful, is it new?'' Uzo said. Laura noticed that Taylor stopped rubbing her tighs and that caught her attention. Taylor didn't know what to do. ''Yes, yes it's new.'' She quickly grabbed her glass of wine and took a big sip while looking at Laura. They needed to do one more thing.

Laura grabbed Taylors hand and gave it a big squeeze. Taylor looked at their hands and then in her girlfriends eyes. She mouthed, ''I love you''. Laura had the biggest grin on her face. Just when Laura was about the lift her glass to tell the news, Natasha screamed ''Eyoo Tay and Pre, yaëll doesn't believe me when I said I caught you two in Laura's trailer.'' Suddenly the whole room was quiet and everyone looked from Natasha to Laura and Taylor.

Laura's eyes grew wide and she could hear Taylor gasping. Natasha realized within seconds what she had just done. ''Caught as in caught them drawing.'' Everybody looked at Natasha again. ''No not drawing, uhhhh smoking. Yes smoking.'' Taylor couldn't hold her laughter anymore. ''Of course this would happen.'' The blonde said. Laura who was already standing whispered, ''Come join me.'' She would love to feel Natasha a little bit more embarrassed. 

''Are you really sure you caught us smoking?'' Laura said. She was standing and looked at Natasha with mischief eyes. ''Uhh yes.'' She stammered back. ''Trust me Tay, it will be fine.'' Laura whispered to her girlfriend. Taylor was just standing next to Laura laughing but she also didn't know what kind of plan Laura had in mind. ''Well I thought you caught us like this.'' Laura said. She turned to Taylor and looked her in her eyes. She grabbed her cheeks and pulled Taylor in for a romantic kiss. Taylor wanted to pull back but she knows she can trust Laura. So she joined in and they kissed. 

The room was going mental. Everybody was screaming and clapping. ''YAS'' Yaëll yelled. ''I KNEW IT.'' Uzo screamed. ''OMG LAYLOR IS REAL'', Jackie said. ''I'm so happy for you guys.'' Kate said. They stopped kissing. Taylor held on to Laura and they turned around to see all their friends cheering for them. Taylor wanted to also show Laura that she trusts her and the relationship so she lifted her glass and said, 

''Thank you everyone. I would like to use this moment for a little toast. First of all thank you all for coming here tonight, you all mean a lot to me and Laura.'' She looked at Laura and she had the biggest smile on her face. Laura quickly put her arm around her girlfriends waist.

''When people say that our chemistry was real, they were right. Never in a million years would I expect to be in a relationship with a co-worker. But here am I standing next to this beautiful, kind, caring, loving, hot as you all know, sweet woman. I cannot express in words the love I feel for this woman. But I know that she makes my life a happier place, a home. And you guys are also a big part for me. So yes, we are officially girlfriend and girlfriend. In fact she gave me this gorgeous ring.'' Taylor lifted her hand and showed everyone the ring. You could hear ''ahhhhh'' in the whole room.

''Thank you Laura for this wonderful evening, ring, life and food. I love you.'' And then Taylor grabbed Laura's face and gave her a grateful kiss. Everyone started applauding. Laura ended the kiss and looked her girlfriend in the eye. She whispered, ''thank you, I love you and thank you for trusting me.'' They embraced each other.

''Well now that this is official, we want to hear all the details, how it started!'' Danielle said. ''You really don't want to hear all the details.'' Natasha added. Everybody started to laugh and lifted their glass. ''To Laura and Taylor''.

Hi everyone, I'm back again. How are you? Hopefully you liked this chapter. I will try to continue with the story again. Lots of love, Rose