Chapter 1 - Pressure

BEFORE YOU READ.  Let me remind you that I am FRENCH so my english sucks. Don't judge me. Thanks

Ashley

Shouts, insults, fights. Nothing has changed. It has remained the same. There is nothing to do. So why stay? I took a bag and I picked up my most important thing: A picture of my late father, my Marianas Trench CDs, a musical note necklace, my guitar, my songs book, some clothes and I left. Why live here if it is to suffer and live with a constant pressure on the shoulders? A mother is not supposed to make us live in hell. However, in my case, Hell still looks much better than here. I'm only 19 years old and my life is already collapsing. 1712 Main Street, Moncton, I'll never see your face again. My bag on the shoulder and tears on my cheeks, I left with my head high, without regrets.

Tonight, there's a Marianas Trench show at the Coliseum. I had to go, but my mother took all my money to buy some of her shits. This was my chance. The chance of a lifetime. They almost never come here. I had to be there. I had to show them. Show them my voice and my love for music. Show them how they make me live every day of my life. But hey, the disappointments, I'm used to it. Despite the fact that I didn't have tickets, I walked to the Coliseum in hopes of maybe ...  no. Don’t even think about that..

After an hour of walking, I finally arrived at the Coliseum. It is still early: 10:00 AM. I went to the back and I sat. I took out my guitar, my notebook of songs and I started to sing:

You keep pushing like there's just me.

You don’t know, you don’t see how much it hurts me.

The way it feels to be me

You don’t want to be, someone like me.

With all this pressure, with all this pressure

Whenever I'm working on this song, tears are just running down, nonstop. Suddenly, I heard a noise behind me. No. Impossible. I turned my head and I see? Ramsay. He went outside taking some fresh air before the soundcheck. I tried to wipe my tears as he walked slowly towards me. He stopped in front of me. He was so calm.

- “Who are you?” He asked me

- “Ash-sh-l-ey.” I stuttered. I just couldn’t believe it.

-” What are you doing here?”

- “I had nowhere to go and I needed to take some air “

- “Okay. And, what were you singing?”

- “Only a few words that I have written.”

- “You have a great voice.”

- “Th-th-an-an-ks, I can say the same for you. You're so talented. It-it-s Incredi-b-b-le”

- “Thank you Ashley. You know, you do not need to stutter. I am a person like any other.”

- “Yeah I'm sorry. That's right. I wouldn’t have thought that one day I would have the chance to be heard by the person who inspires me in everything I do.”

- “Wow, it's heart-warming to hear that. In fact, when I heard you, it made me feel really good. I was a little stressful for the show tonight. The artist's life is something. He leaned. “Can i sit ?”

- “Oh, of course you can!” He sat next to me, bringing his legs close to him and crossing his arms, 

- “So, like I said, it’s not always easy. But everything we do is for the love of music and those who support us.”

- ''I hope that you and the other guys you know that your fans are very sincere and true to you.”

-” Yes, we are aware of all the things we can bring to them. I hope they are also aware of what they give us; Without them, we are nothing.”

- “Wow, I'm impressed.” He laughed

- “Why?”

- “I do not know, maybe it's just that you're really down to earth.”

- “Ohh”. He looked me straight in the eyes. I say no more. Wow, his blue eyes are so beautiful. He smiled a little. Suddenly, the back door opened and I saw Brett.

- “Josh! We’re waiting for you! Soundcheck starts in about 10 minutes so hurry up!”

-” Yes Brett, I'm coming! Give me a little time!”

- “Okay then!” He entered the coliseum again. Josh sighed

–  “Ahhr!”  

–  “What is it?” I asked him

–  “Well,  The stress...you know...  Hey, are you coming to the show tonight?

- “Unfortunately, no. I wanted to go so much, but well, my mother took my money so I haven’t been able to buy a ticket”.

- “But why did she do that?”

- “She needed it. She’s hard on me. But hey, I'm not going to start on that. I’m already shaking.”

-” Ohhh come here.” He came and took me in his arms. His smell was incredible. I could have stayed there all day long. “So, do you want to come to the show? I’ll bring you backstage with me and you can watch the show in the first row or stay on the sidelines, it's your choice.”

- “Really? I'd really like it! “I gave him a smile. He smiled back at me. I blushed.

-” Come on, we have to go!”

- “Okay, let's go!”