Chapter 27

Previously on Sparkmates Of Destiny:

They both shake servos in a crushing grip as deadly sparks seem to fly between the two. Optimus remains completely oblivious to the brewing rivalry, believing the two femme really were starting a new friendship. The poor, naive Prime really has no idea.

"We should head back to the base before any Decepticons make an appearance" Optimus breaks their intense gazes.

"Excellent idea, Optimus! I'm just dying to see this new base of yours!" Elita exclaims as she clings to his arm.

As they start to walk away, she sends a smirk over her should at NightStar. Night glares at the action. This femme has no idea who she's dealing with. Primus forbid when Angel and the others find out, Elita won't last five minutes. At least that's what NightStar hopes.

With one final growl to herself, she jogs to catch up to the two. Though she's not looking forward to the trip back, not with that glitch clinging to her Prime's arm.

 Though she's not looking forward to the trip back, not with that glitch clinging to her Prime's arm

Somewhere in Texas

On the seemingly abandoned country roads of Texas, Ironhide cruises in his large GMC Topkick alt mode, while Flammus sores through the clear skies in her own alt, a sleek Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird.

::Having fun up there?:: -Ironhide

Ironhide chuckles as the Seeker performs multiple loop de loops along with other complex flight tricks.

::Frag yeah! The wind on my frame, the open skies ahead? This is the life!:: -Flammus

Flammus laughs hysterically from her adrenaline high.

::Seekers:: -Ironhide

::I heard that, Ironaft!:: -Flammus

::You were supposed to:: -Ironhide

::Frag you:: -Flammus

::I'll pass thanks:: -Ironhide

::Primus, you're as bad as AngelBlade! Actually, she's probably worse:: -Flammus

Ironhide cackles in amusement. It's true, AngelBlade is a lot worse, in fact, she'd probably reply with something far more crude.

::How's the road ahead looking?:: -Ironhide

::Smooth sailing from what I can see. Not a human or Decepticon vehicle in sight:: -Flammus

::Let's hope it stays that way:: -Ironhide

::Aww really? Don't you want to kick some Decepticon aft with me?:: -Flammus

::You know I'm always ready for a fight:: -Ironhide

She can practically hear the grin on his face as she laughs and sores a little higher for a better vantage point.

All seems fine until a rain of bullets knocks her from the sky, sending her barrelling towards the concrete road below.