Marks

Lucy laughs looking down at my neck. My face turns completely red think of last night. In all honesty, we had fallen into a sort of nighttime routine. After the first night sleeping with Cayden I had had trouble sleeping alone, and evidently so did he. We never went to far, mostly because of me. I had always dreamt of my first time being with my husband, that how it is usually when you're a five. I can't imagine giving myself to someone and them choosing someone else. Of course I know that's not going to happen, but there's something at the back of my head telling me to wait. So we have. It wasn't a verbal agreement, but we both understand when to stop. 

"I cam in last night to change you for bed and noticed you were missing, once again. Now it makes sense" Lucy teases. 

"Oh shh, Emily can do whatever she likes. Just as long as she agrees to it" Anne comments looking at me through the mirror. I follow Lucy's gaze to my neck and take in the damage. Large red bruises line my neck and as I move I see one just below my collar bone. Oh god I'm going to kill Cayden. 

"Can you cover them?" I ask tracing a few with my finger. A riot would start if Alice or Elise see the marks. Worse they'd assume that we had sex. I really don't want people thinking that. 

"We'll try our best" Anne smiles at me. They end up applying multiple layers of concealer and foundation down my neck, along with keeping my hair down and over my shoulders. 

"How about this one" Lucy appears out of my wardrobe with a beautiful dress. 

Anne looks it up and down, "Perfect, now the finishing touch". I watch as Anne takes a tiara out of one of the jewellery box. I give her a questioning look. "Now that there are only three of you left the royal family have gifted you each one" Anne answers my unspoken question. As the tiara is placed onto of my head, I feel the weight of it. It's more than just some pretty jewellery. It represents being a fair ruler of a country. Maybe I can't do this. 

"Oh it's beautiful" Lucy gushes. "You're beautiful".

"Now hurry, you're almost late for breakfast", Anne pushes me through my open bedroom door. 

"Oh Emily, you're tiara's absolutely beautiful

"Oh Emily, you're tiara's absolutely beautiful. do you like mine?" Elise excitedly smiles as she looks down so I can take in her tiara. 

"Yes it's perfect for you" I smile and embrace her in a hug

"Yes it's perfect for you" I smile and embrace her in a hug. I can't imaging the palace without her. 

"You do look really pretty today Emily" I turn to see Alice.

"Thank you" I'm stunned. Alice giving me a compliment? I would have though it to be impossible. 

"alice your dress is stunning" Elise comments. It truly is stunning. 

*Imagine this but with much more sparkle*

"Thank you" Alice laughs. The laugh is full of happiness, not her usual laugh. "Come on let go to breakfast before Cayden eats it all" , we all laugh at Alice's joke and make our way to the dinning hall. 

*Alice's tiara*

*Alice's tiara*

The long table has been replaced with a much smaller version, as there are only three of us left. 

"I finished my book" Alice smiles as she adds some grapes to her plate. "I loved it", this time she looks up at me. 

"I'm glad" I smile back. 

"I was wondering if after breakfast you could recommend another one", I'm a bit shocked but quickly recover. 

"Of course, I've actually got a few in my room that you can have", I suggest. 

"So, what's the plan for today girls" Elise butts in, finally looking up from her stack of pancakes. 

"Hmmm, well we could go horseback riding, or swimming, or watch a movie" Alice suggests. 

"I think a move sounds good", I've never seen a movie. Some of the girls had mentioned the palace had a movie theatre but I preferred to stay in my room during the days. Now I'm quite intrigued. 

"We'll I have the perfect romance movie in mind" Elise giggles. 

"How about we go to the movie theatre after lunch" Alice adds. 

"Sounds like a plan" I smile.