Family Picnic

Emily POV

Lately I've been putting all my efforts into the group project and today's the big day. After every lesson or meal Cayden always tries to get me alone but I've become used to avoiding him. By now I've come to terms with the fact that Cayden no longer likes me in the way I thought he did, I'm not mad at him or hurt I'm just disappointed at how nieve and stupid I was to believe everything could get better. Most days I try to make the most out of being in the palace, even though my days here are numbered.

"You're all done" Anne brings me back to reality. My style has changed recently . I'm no longer scared of wearing shorter dresses that don't cover up my scar or the constant fear of Lewis as he left a day after the incident and my scar is no longer as red as it originally was. I now stick to the more basic pieces in the closet, not wanting go gain any additional attention. My original goal is back; blend in. Looking into the mirror infant of me I'm happy with the girl I see. No makeup, hair untouched, simply me.

"Thank you" I turn to the girls and hug them as if I'm going to be sent home today

"Thank you" I turn to the girls and hug them as if I'm going to be sent home today. For all I know I could be dismissed the second I leave this room. The girls have now stopped fighting me against theses tendencies and instead welcome our usual goodbye hug and offer hopeful smiles as I head towards the gardens to start the preparations for the picnic. A while later, everything is ready and the guests start to arrive. I know this because I hear a cry come from Elise.

"Mum?" I turn to see a crying Elise run towards her mother and engulf her in a suffocating hug. Yep that's right, I invited all of our families. Soon enough all of the families have arrived, along with the royal family. I decide to walk around and offer refreshments when I hear the most amazing thing I've heard in a while.

"Emily!", I turn around to see Poppy standing at the garden doors with my mum standing behind her looking dazed.

"Poppy" I start to cry and rush over to the little form and pick her up in my arms, holding her as close as possible.

"I thought you forgot about us" Poppy cries into my shoulder.

"Oh Poppy I could never forget you, my princess" I laugh at how ridiculous the thought of forgetting her is.

"I've missed you" she smiles up at me.

"Don't worry I'll be back really soon and then we can be just like normal" I treasure her while ignoring my mothers pointed stare at the idea of me leaving the palace. I'll explain everything later.

"Good cause there's this new boy down the road called Jack and he's really cute" she giggles and I decide to ignore her match making skills just this one time.

"Emily you look beautiful honey" my mum gushes as she takes in my appearance.

"Thanks mum. You look much better too" I noticed the bags under her eyes aren't as dark and she's don't as thin as usual.