Sweet Dreams

Dinner was surprisingly nice, all the girls chatted freely amongst each other and we even decided to go horse riding all together as our next group activity. I think we all needed some support and other people to talk to about this crazy experience. 

"I really enjoyed today" Elise smiles.

"Me too, even Alice seemed to relax" looking at the girl across the table she was actually involving Lilly in her groups discussion. 

"Yeah I'm honestly surprised, her face was priceless when Sadie pushed her in the pool" we laugh together at the memory. 

The royal family seemed happier as well, the king chuckled as he conversed with Cayden and the queen smiled watching the elite chat amongst themselves. 

"I really like your dress Elise" Maddie comments as I cut up her food. 

"Well I think you're the prettiest girl here" Elise smiles as she ruffles Maddie curly locks. 

"I like my new family" the little girl smiles up at me. 

"Me too".

After settling Maddie to bed with a short story I collapsed on my bed with a huge grin. 

"What are you smiling about?" I hear a husky voice behind me before Cayden falls on top of me. 

"Ugh, get off you're so heavy" I laugh as I push on his chest. 

"Are you calling the future king fat?" Cayden fakes hurt as he puts his weight on his elbows. 

"Maybe?" I giggle. looking into his blue eyes I feel comforted. Reaching up I brush his hair back and rest my hand on his cheek. I see his bright eyes watch my lips and move back to staring at me. I'd be lying if I said I was staring at his lips too. Without thinking I lean up and connect our lips. The kiss starts out slow and sweet, as our lips move against each other causing tingles to erupt. As the kiss gets more rough, I feel Cyaden bite my lower lip then lick it soothing the stings. His arm goes under my waist pulling me impossibly closer. Smiling into the kiss I burry my hands into his hair slightly pulling, causing a groan to escape his lips. Continuing the kiss, I feel his tongue explore my mouth tasting like peppermint. I wimpier as he pulls back, but sigh when his lips travel down my neck. My breath hitches as I feel Cayden suck on my sweet spot just above my collar bone. After a moment of bliss Cayden sits back and starts undoing his white dress shirt, revealing his nicely toned abs. Grabbing my hands he places them on his chest. 

"Still think I'm fat?" he asks with a smirk. Laughing I slap his chest pushing him back. "Come on" Cayden calls as he stands up, taking my hand and starts making his way out of my room. 

"Your shirt" I giggle, picking up my dress with my spare hand. Seeing that I'm struggling to keep up with his fast pace, Cayden picks me up.

"Everyone's asleep" he answers. 

"Where are we going?" I whisper, not wanting to wake anyone up. 

"We're going to my room, I'm not letting you sleep alone one more night" he smiles down at me as we get to the third floor. "I can't sleep without you, I just keep tossing and turning". Cayden kicks the door open and walks towards the bed. 

"I don't have anything to wear" I comment looking down at my evening gown.

"I've got it sorted, remember" he looks at the white door. Oh yes the princess suite, I remember Cayden saying he put clothing in there. "Why don't you have a shower and I'll get you something to wear". 

"Sounds good" I smile walking towards his on-suite. Closing the door, I slip my dress off and fold it up, laying it on the counter. stepping into the hot shower I smile as I lather my hair with Caydens shampoo. His scent consumes me interlay. Rinsing my body of the soapy suds, I turn off the water and exit the shower. I see a stack of white towel folded in the bathroom cabinet and quickly wrap myself in one as I hear a knock on the door. The door opens a crack and I see Hayden's arm stick out. 

"I got u some clothes" I hear his deep voice and laugh. 

"Thank you" I say as I take the clothes from his hand. Looking at the bundle I see a silky pink nighty with matching underwear. My face immodestly flushes thinking of Cayden choosing my underwear. Quickly drying my hair as much as possible, I put on the clothes and step out of the bathroom. Seeing the balcony doors open I slowly step into the cool breeze and sigh in delight. The weather had been persistently hot and didn't seem to be changing anytime soon.

"I like to stand out here and think" Cayden breaks the silence and I join him leaning against the railing. 

"I can see why", the view overlooked the gardens and you could see all the way past the palace walls into the capital. 

"I want to be a good king. I want to help my subjects, do what my parents couldn't. I can't stand to think of people starving and struggling to survive. Children becoming orphans, not having a place to call home" He sighs wracking his hands through his already ruffled hair. 

"You'll be an amazing king, there's no doubt about it" I smile looking into his bright eyes. 

"Because I'll have the most kind, caring, beautiful queen by my side" Cayden says every word in a whisper as I feel his hand cup my cheek. " I'm so lucky to have found you, I thought I would have been forced to marry some girl that I didn't even like. You're all I could dream for. I don't know what I did to deserve you". every word that left his lips made me lean in closer until our lips connect. "I love you Emily".

"I love you Cayden" I smile back, as we rest out foreheads together. We stay like this, wrapped in each-others arms, in our own world until a yawn escapes me. 

"Let's get you to bed" Cayden laughs and I agree, today had been the best day in a while and although I don't want it to end I'm exhausted. We made our way to his bed and crawled under his sheets. As I lay my head on the plush pillow, I feel Cayden's arms pull me into his chest. My hair is brushed from my neck and a sweet kiss is placed there. 

"Goodnight my love".