Chapter 38

Aidan's POV:

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP....

The fire alarm kept on beeping loudly. The guy who was about to punch me looked around as if to see where the sound was coming.

The other guy, the one that was leaning on the wall, ran towards him and grabbed his arm saying, "We have to go! Now!"

"But what about these two?" The puncher asked pointing at me and Izzy.

"Forget them! The boss doesn't need them anyway." The second one replied.

"Wait! You can't just leave us here. If not me at least take the girl with you! She's just four!" I said.

"Is that so?" Puncher asked. He gaze traveled from me to Izzy. He stared at her for a minute as if he was contemplating whether she was worthy of saving of not.

In the end, I got punched in the face again.

"Ow." I groaned.

"Listen very closely because I'll say this only once." He said, ignoring my groan of pain. "You nor her are going out of here. You both are staying here and burning alive."

"You can't do that!" I said.

"I can and I will." He said back and turned to the other guy. "Let's go." He said to him and they both ran out the door.

"No! Wait! You have leave us here!" I shouted after them but they didn't come back.

What else do you expect from a rival?

Well that's true. I didn't know why I was asking them for help even when I knew they wouldn't help me.

Izzy came in front of me with read filled eyes. "Brother? Are you okay?" She asked in a small and really cute voice.

I have no idea why but she looked so cute right now, I wanted to squeeze her in a hug.

She wasn't even that chubby.

I shook my head. I have to get out of here.

"I'm fine, Izzy. Do you have a hair pin?" I asked.

"You mean like the ones she's wearing?" Another voice asked. We both snapped our head to look at the person who came in.

But there was no one at the door.

"We're here." The same person said.

I looked in the direction of the voice to find dad and Ellie standing beside a hole in the wall.

Okay. That's creepy. How did these two get here? The door was locked. And why is there a big hole in the wall?

Izzy though was not as confused as I was and ran to dad yelling, "Daddy!"

Dad bend down to pick her up before she crashed into his legs. He placed her on his hip before coming over to where I was.

"How did you get here?" I asked him.

Ellie was the one who answered. "There are these pathways inside the walls that anyone can use in case of an emergency."

Dad, meanwhile, sat down in front of me and pulled the shackles on my wrists.

"Do you know where the key to these things is?" He asked.

"No." I replied.

He nodded and pulled two hair pins out of Izzy's hair. Izzy frowned at him but didn't say anything.

Fire alarm sounded once again, louder this time and followed by curses.

"There's a fire!" I said.