Chapter 8

Ellie's POV:

"Ellie." A voice said. I groaned and turned over in my bed, facing away from him.

I know who it is. It's Aidan. He's trying to wake me up so I can get ready for school. But I'm just too comfortable in this bed that I can't get out of it.

"Ellie. Come on now. Wake up." He said shaking me by my shoulder.

"No." I said and buried my head in the pillows.

"El, you need to wake up or else we'll be late for school." He said.

"I don't want to go." This bed seems like a much better place to be in right now.

"Do you want me to pour water on you like yesterday?" He asked/threatened. Immediately, I shot up.

No way in hell will I be soaked in water again.

It's been a week since I started to live with Aidan and his family and it's been the most happiest week I've had in my whole life. Literally.

I can't even describe how happy I am that I decided to run away from those people I called my parents.

Yesterday, during dinner, Steve had told me that I would be going to school today with Aidan.

When he said that, I was both excited and nervous at the same time.

I was going to go to a public school for the first time in my life.

And about the water, Aidan had to wake me up by pouring water on me when I refused to get up and was sleeping until he came back after school.

This bed is just too comfortable.

"You awake?" He asked me after I sat up after listening to his threat.

"Yes. Or else I won't be sitting up with my eyes open." I said.

"Good. Now get ready. We don't want to be late on your first day!" He said with mock enthusiasm to which I rolled my eyes.

He laughed and went out my room telling me to hurry up.

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to get ready.

About two days after I started to live here, Lucy had gone out and bought some clothes for me because she said that I didn't have that many.

She just up and went without me and bought me clothes.

After getting ready, I grabbed my school bag that was packed with all the essentials and went downstairs to the kitchen where I was greeted with Lucy and Aidan.

"Good morning, guys." I greeted them.

"Good morning, Ellie. Have a seat." Lucy said.

I took a seat beside Aidan and Lucy put a plate of pancakes in front of me and Aidan.

As we ate, Aidan said, "You took your time."

"Well, I was getting ready so yes I did."

He looked at his watch and said, "Okay then, eat up quickly because we have only 15 minutes left till school starts."

"What?"

"He's lying. School doesn't start until 30 minutes. Eat your breakfast." Lucy interjected.

I didn't feel like eating.

For the past week, I only ate a little bit of food here and there. I showed up for breakfast and dinner and only ate a little bit each time.

I guess I wasn't used to eating with all the starving I've been forced to do.

Even now, I only ate one pancake out of the three in my plate and gave the rest to Aidan.