Chapter 20

Aidan's POV:

Ellie's been gone for a while now.

When she left it was about 10pm at night. Now it's midnight. I told Blake to message me if something happens. So far I haven't heard a word from Blake or her.

My phone was fully charged at the moment but it still kept it on the charger in case in died.

Phones tend to do that.

Now, I was waiting with bated breath for him to message me. I have been since the minute he left the house.

But not once did my phone made a sound.

That didn't help the apprehension that was building up inside me by the minute. The one that lead me to make a fool of myself.

Which also resulted in me to what I'm doing right now.

Currently, I am sitting on top of my table, staring down at my phone that I don't know why I kept on the chair.

That's what I do. I reverse the positions of things and myself.

One time, I painted while laying on the floor and holding the canvas above my head.

This is what happens when people leave me hanging for a long time.

I was sitting crossed legged on the table and my knee was bouncing up and down in nervousness.

I tried to stop the thing. I really did. But the phone on my chair kept my attention and I couldn't do it.

My attention was diverted towards my knee for the fourth time when it was moving do fast that the table started moving.

I pressed my hand down on it to stop when suddenly a ping sounded.

I looked away from my knee towards the phone to see a message popped up. Immediately I reached for it forgetting that I was sitting on top of the table.

The end result was me falling on the floor with a loud thud and an 'omph'.

Ignoring the fact that someone might have woken up, I reached for my phone and opened the message.

Call me NOW.

The message was from Blake. His first message was enough for me to fear the worst. The way he wrote it made me feel like something bad had happened.

A second later, another message popped up that had his number on it.

I could pretty much guess whatever happened was not in our favor.

Taking a deep calming breath, I dialed the number he sent me and out the phone up to my ear.

The phone rang once.

Twice.

And then he picked up. "Aidan?" He asked.

"Yeah it's me." I replied trying to be calm.

I heard him let out a sigh of relief. "Thank God. Listen, I'm sending you an address, be here as quickly as you can."

Screw the calmness. My nerves had sky rocketed a long time ago. "What happened? Where are you both?" I asked.

"I don't know what happened." He said. "All I know is that when Ellie came out of that hell hole of a house, she was barely able to stand let alone walk and she was bleeding badly."

I did a double take on that. "She was what now?"

"Look now is not the time to explain okay? Just come here." He said.