Chapter 26

Ellie's POV:

I was shaken awake.

A hand was constantly shaking me by my shoulder making me want to punch the person.

"Ellie!" A harsh whisper sounded in my ear.

I groaned and turned over on the couch. I don't want to deal with this right now.

"Come on, Ellie. We have to go." They said.

It took me a minute to recognize the voice. It was Aidan's. What was he doing here and where did we have to go again?

I don't remember.

Currently, my brain is out of function.

I opened one eye just a little bit. Once my eye adjusted to the darkness I saw him standing beside me. I couldn't see his face because it was dark in the living room, but I could make out his form.

He's disturbing my sleep because we have to go somewhere I don't remember? Not a good enough reason.

Thinking that, I closed my eye and mumbled, "What?" 

"Ellie, remember what I told you?" He asked.

What did he tell me? I didn't ask that. Instead I asked, "When?"

"When we were watching John and Rosie get arrested? I told you we were going to do something to the house later on."

My brian still wasn't functioning well. I blame the lack of sleep.

"But I want to sleep." I whined not really understanding what he said. "I just got out of surgery." I added.

"You got out of surgery two days ago. And plus, it won't take long. Then you can sleep as much as your heart desires." He said.

I opened one eye again. "Promise?"

He sighed. "Yes. I promise."

I smiled and started to get up. He helped me to stand up and we both went to the front door. We stepped out of the house to be greeted by a very cheerful Abby.

"Aidan!" She said happily. I yelped and stepped out do the way just in time for her to crush Aidan in her bone crushing hug.

Aidan's eyes widen and he let out a puff of breath at the sudden attack. He couldn't breathe due to the force Abby was crushing him with.

"Abs, what's got you in this mood all of a sudden?" Austin asked her, noticing Aidan's current position.

She released Aidan from her hug. I saw Aidan take in lung fulls of air in trying to even his breathing.

Abby didn't notice or if she did she didn't say anything. She only turned to Austin and replied, "Isn't it obvious? We are getting revenge! That's what making me happy. What makes it even better is that it's revenge on Ellie's abusers!" She gestured to me when she said the last part.

Aidan put his hand over her mouth. "Shouting not allowed. Abby contain your excitement please."

She said something in reply but it was muffled by his hand. From how she was looking at him, it wasn't anything good.

Aidan gave her a look that made her huff and shut up. Then he removed his hand.

I looked at Austin and Connor. They were looking at Aidan and Abby with amused expressions on their faces.

Even I couldn't help it. Aidan's hand was still around her waist and she was standing a little too close to him.

Aidan glared at all of us. I can practically hear his thoughts screaming 'You say one word and I'll kill you.'