Chapter 18

Ellie's POV:

Brianna sat on her porch stairs, holding her face in her hands. I could tell she didn't know what to say.

After Brianna demanded that we tell her the situation right here right now, she took a seat on the porch of her house and listened to us without a single question.

When we were done explaining, she put her face in her hands and sighed.

"I can't believe this." She mumbled.

"Why not? You knew they were horrible people, you knew what they did to Ellie, why can't you believe that they would go this far? And especially when it comes to money?" Jake said.

I was sitting beside Brianna on the porch while I explained everything to her. Aidan, Jake and David were standing or leaning against the railing with their arms crossed.

Yes David is still with us.

He only spoke when it came to law or business. So when the case was brought up he was the one who explained it to her.

Brianna looked up at me with an apologetic expression. "I'm sorry Ellie. I was angry and upset. I didn't think of a rational thought about why you would want to do this to my mother."

Mrs. Lee was taken to the hospital before all this happened. Brianna didn't go with her because she wanted to know what happened.

I smiled at Brianna. "It's fine. I don't blame you."

Suddenly, David clapped his hands. "Well, Brianna now that you know everything, do you think you'll be able to testify in court?"

Brianna suddenly looked uncomfortable. "Um... I don't... I don't know." She looked towards me.

I know why.

Brianna is antisocial. She doesn't like to be in crowded placed for long. And she doesn't exactly enjoy the attention of so many people on her waiting for her to speak.

If she were to testify in court, she'd probably faint.

"I don't think so." I said. Everyone's eyes turned to look at me.

"Why?" Aidan asked.

"Bri is antisocial. She can't talk in front of a crowd people." I replied.

Aidan made an 'o' shape with his mouth. Then he sighed. "What are we going to do now? Mrs. Lee is not in the position to testify. Brianna can't do it. What do we do?"

"We get evidence of course." I said.

Aidan looked at me. "But how?"

In response I smiled at him. "By giving them what they want."

Aidan's POV:

Aidan's POV:

"I don't condone this." I said.

"Why not? It's a great idea." Ellie said back shoving a shirt in her bag. She went to put another one when I snatched it from her.