Chapter 16

A/N: aesthetic by prettyimbecilecheck her out she's awesome!

check her out she's awesome!

Dedicated to Yas_Meenne143

Question of the day:"Snapchat or Instagram?"

"What are you reading?"

"The Kind Worth Killing."

"Wait, isn't that a thriller?" Paste asks as she takes a seat across me. It's both our lunchtime and I've yet to produce my resignation letter to Ms. Michaels. "Wow. You and thrillers. Who'd have thought?" I smile. "By the way, I heard someone's quitting their job today."

"Yeah, you heard right. I also heard someone's dating Elijah Hill."

"Oh shit." Paste looks apologetic and a bit shocked as she almost spit her soda. "I was gonna tell you. I really was. I just didn't know how you'll take it."

"Why? It's not like I dated him. Plus, he's a good guy."

"I know. I just thought you used to like him in high school." I did, maybe a little bit, but I'm not telling her that.

"Nope." I shake my head.

She sighs in relief. "Oh, thank god. Now I can finally tell you that he asked me to meet his parents on next Friday and I'm so nervous."

"Woah." I look at Paste square in the eye and beneath all the nervousness I see something hidden. I get a solution to get rid of her nerves. "Do you love him?" she nods, and I notice how her eyes light up like Christmas and her face takes on an idiotic grin. "Does he love you?"

"He told me so." She has the where is she going with this? look on her face.

"Then there's nothing to worry about. His parents will love you like he does you." (Well, I hope. The way his parents are....) "Besides, what's not to like?" I point to Paste. The mood immediately lightens and Paste grins.

"That's right." After a brief conversation, I leave for work again and am mentally preparing myself for a shouting match.

"Ms. Michaels?"