Chapter 6

Dedicated to Mel_S_Bee

Question of the day: "What your favourite music genre?"

****

We begin assembling the clothes in groups, making outfits for different types of occasions such as parties, dinner, office, dates (I guess I won't need these clothes as much as I promised Jer during the pep talk in his car that I'll not date anyon...

We begin assembling the clothes in groups, making outfits for different types of occasions such as parties, dinner, office, dates (I guess I won't need these clothes as much as I promised Jer during the pep talk in his car that I'll not date anyone until I'm at a point of my life I want to in. but I'm not telling Paste that.) and so on.

When we're done, it's almost midnight and we still didn't have dinner, so we head to the kitchen. I open the fridge to find beef lasagna nicely wrapped up as if ready to take out and eat. I put in the microwave and turn to Pastel. Mom named Pastel. When I was younger, I always found it weird. I mean, who names their kid Pastel? But this became one of the many things I couldn't ask Mom before she died. I vaguely remember I also had something to ask like "Do boys like big boobs or small?" to ask Mom.

"Earth to Lavender!" Pastel breaks my train thought. I smile at her and she asks me, "How long did you and that dude date?"

"Which dude?"

"The one you rudely dumped yesterday." I feel a swell of pride when she says rudely. Because I think he deserved it. He didn't even call me after yesterday. I thought he'd at least have the nerve to ask me what was wrong or apologize. But he didn't. So I think he deserves rudeness just fine.

"About 2 or 3 months."

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"Because every time I brought someone, you guys scared him away and he dumped me the next day."

"That was one time, Lav! Or 3. I don't remember."

"Exactly. But it was 4 times though."

"What do we do to scare the Pussy Cats away?"

I laugh at her choice of words. "You guys bring up marriage somehow. Like, immediately after the guy walks in. and so the guy thinks I might be crazy about marriage too. And then dumps me."