Chapter 10

hey ppl

hey ppl. so i had a problem. i updated ch 11 instead of ch 10 the last time. hope u guys can forgive me and i'll try to restore the problem somehow.

dedicated to 2376SAI

Question of the day: "Are cupcakes and muffins the same thing?"

"Are you okay Mrs. Kelmer?"

"Rose. My name is Rose." I know she's being sweet, but she wont remember it tomorrow looking the big bottle of champagne that's halfway gone.

"Do you want to go home Mrs. Kelmer?"

"Don't call me that! I am not a Mrs. anymore!" OK. My boss had a divorce. How did I not know that? Oh, I vaguely remember the meeting with he attorney she went to last week.

"OK, Rose, shall I call Denver?" He is her chauffeur. He is a nice guy, that Denver.

"No!" she pouts. "Sit with me." I oblige and sit in the sofa on the other end of the room. "Do you sometimes wonder that the one's you love most, let you down the most?"

I think of Jer and nod. Wait, why did I think of Jer? I don't love him.

"Me too." She says and takes another swig of champagne. I fish out my phone and send a quick text to Denver. "You know, I like you, Lavender." I look at her in confusion. "You do so much for me, but I never say thank you. So, thank you."

I smile at her, because it's the sweetest thing she has said to me in all the 3 years that I've worked for her. Denver shows up and together we take a now passed-out Mrs. Kelmer to her car. But when I am About to head out, I hear her say something. "You should find someone who loves you, someone who respects you enough to forget about themselves."

I turn around just as the car speeds off.

****

So, she's divorced. What does it matter?

I'm relaxed and in bed talking to Will.

It's just... I worry about her. She looked so sad, Will.