Chapter 18

A/N: aesthetic by prettyimbecilecheck her out she's awesome!

check her out she's awesome!

Dedicated to HardlyAliveYet

Question of the day: "Have you ever pierced a part of your body?"

****

Shit, Lav

Shit, Lav. I'm sorry.

The texts came to you by mistake. They were meant for my girlfriend.

I stared at Eli's text hoping more than anything that the world magically shifts, and this apology comes from Jer instead. Tears are streaming down my face, (my eyes have their own hotline to River Nile) as I glare at the man's texts who created this big understanding between Jer and me. There's a rage in me that I can't describe and a pain that won't subside. Despite my numerous attempts and calls Jer refuses to contact me. All because of Eli.

Yeah whatever I hope you and Pastel have fun on Monday during your 'getaway'.

There's an immediate reply but I don't check. Instead, I walk downstairs. There's a bowl of butterscotch ice cream in my hands as I watched No Strings Attached. Maybe Jer and me should've a relationship like this then maybe it wouldn't have hurt so much. I wish we haven't broken up. But I cant know for sure because he refuses to contact me. As I the movie ends, I flip through the channels till I land on Vampire Diaries. As Damon kisses Elena, he puts his hand on her neck like Jer did when- Okay, no. It hurts. Let me just change the channels. Here, it's the news. No chance I'll find connections with the-guy-who-broke-my-heart in here. As they discuss the weather of Chicago, I notice the girl is wearing the same color colored shirt that I gave to Jer on his- Shit! That's it! It's like the days after our fight all over again. I rush upstairs flop on my bed. Hey, isn't this the bed that Jer- Alright, cruel brain enough! I get up from the bed and start wearing my gym clothes. Yeah, maybe gym can calm me down.

Hey, didn't Jer help you get the membership on that gym? GOD! Where is this voice coming from? You know what? No gym. Let me go shopping. Yeah shopping can help me. I drive down to the mall and as I am on the entrance I realize this is the worst idea ever. Every single floor of this mall has memories with Jer written on them with neon signs. Like the mug he gifted me from the shop with the blue door two years ago. Or the multi-colored candles I got him for Christmas from the next shop as a joke because he told me that multi-colored candles freak him out.