Chapter 19

A/N: aesthetic by prettyimbecilecheck her out she's awesome!

check her out she's awesome!

Dedicated to KataaliFatima
1k reads peeps! Its amazing! thnks to all of u!

Question of the day: "How old is the most expired item in your fridge?"

When Paste came back from her 'getaway' with Eli, her face was lit up like Christmas

When Paste came back from her 'getaway' with Eli, her face was lit up like Christmas. I could literally see the endorphins dancing in her as she skipped upstairs. I wonder if I looked like this when me and Jer had sex in his car-nope. Not going there. Topic still hurts.

"Why can't love be easy?"

Paste goes deep in thought at my question. She opens her mouth to speak and then closes it again.

"If love is easy, you aren't doing it right." Eli's voice startles us both. Paste is video calling Eli, as he is out of town. I suspect if he was, then Pastel wouldn't be home.

Over this week Eli has proven to be a real sport and friend. He helped me prep for interviews and then was my moral support when there wasn't any interviews. I guess it was so that I wouldn't miss Jer. Eli doesn't admit it though. I have really been stung by Jer's refusal to acknowledge me and now I have just given up. I have thought every once in a while to just go to his apartment but I suspect if he will even open the door.

My interviews went nice and I thanked Carl for arranging them. The one on Friday specially went nice as right after it finished, the head of human resources there asked me when I could start. I thought they'd hire me already.

I have told Dad about Jer and me and he was ecstatic. (not about the fight, of course, about the fact that [maybe] we are together) One good thing about staying here is that Dad's relationship with me has mended a bit. Dad has definitely acknowledged what he did wrong in our relationship and now I at least no one thing that I'll do when I am a parent. I am not going to force my children into clothes or hairstyles or thoughts that aren't theirs. Let everyone be who they want to be. Like Jer lets me.

Even though Eli, Dad and Paste have tried to be with me every waking minute, they can't ease the pain I suffer every time I go to bed. The blissful memories with Jer of the last couple weeks bring a smile to my face. But the way he slammed the door and his "I feel like a fool." come haunting back to me and I curl up like a wounded animal and cry. Just like I used to after we had our fight in the kitchen of this house. I may have loved him even then.