Chapter 21

UNEDITED

➤➤➤

In a world consisting of Vampire's and Witches, the most magical thing I had ever came across was the simple kiss between two people. It's un-explainable the spark that passes through a couple by a pair of naked lips pressed against each other. It's like a lock and key as my lips brushed against his. I began to unlock his true feelings with every push and pull of our moving lips in rhythmic sync. All his emotions seemed to be magnified in this kiss as I felt the passion slip from within him and down my spine. The lock he usually had over his heart seemed to have been opened up and I had discovered my lips were the key.

I welcomed the feeling of his hands slowly skirt down the side of my body as he felt every curve of my body. The vampire released my lips, which he had held captive and began to place delicate feathery kisses along the rim of my jawline. I was situated on top of James but suddenly found myself pressed against a tree. A gasp escaped from my lips as James gripped onto my waist and before a single human thought- I had my back to the tree and James. His hand still wrapped around my waist held me in a way that had my back pressed against his chest. His other hand brushed my long brown hair behind my ear as I felt his warm breath tease my skin.

"I've been wanting to do this since the moment Joshua introduced me to you all those years ago, Roselyn." James growled so feverishly and intimately into my ear.

I was lost for words, even if it was possible for any to come; they were lost again. The only clear thought that pulsed in my mind was the familiarity of cold bare lips of James's that came in contact with my neck. His grip on my waist tightened as the soft sparks of kisses turned hungry across my neck. I tilted my head to the side as I welcomed more of the magical passion across my neck. I could feel the pointy canines of James's teeth drag velvety across my neck causing the air in my lungs to catch.

"You're so beautiful." James whispered ever so softly yet husky as puffs of his warm breath trespassed across my ear.

I was then released around the waist and the breath I had been holding in escaped my lungs.

"We have to go before my brother comes back looking for us. He is already angry, I think catching us in the middle of what we were just doing would defiantly end up with my head on a stick." James strained as I turned around and met his deep oceanic blue eyes.

"And what would you exactly call what we were just doing?" I raised an eyebrow never breaking his eye contact.

He seemed to think about this for a second but he never diverted his attention from me.

The vampire tilted his head from side to side as if weighing his options until he looked me dead in the eyes. I had never seen such happiness and openness in his eyes before; it was almost refreshing- it was like a secret between us like I knew a part of him no one else would.

"A start." James brought me out of my thoughts.

I looked at James quizzically, "A start?" I questioned slowly.

He only seemed to grin at this as if he found his own private joke within it.

"A start, Roselyn." He said again as he titled my head up and placed a single and yet intimate kiss between my lips. As he pulled away I leaned in wanting more, only I wasn't given it. He cupped my cheek lovingly and grinned down at me, the twinkle in his eyes almost like its own personal galaxy of stars, "We have to go."

I didn't want to go. Maybe it was because I was trying to avoid what waited for me in Galatia. Maybe it was because I was a coward. In the end though I knew I had to be brave and confront this fear I had. I knew that the second I got into the car again I would be lead to the fate I dreaded. Then there was also the gut-wrenching knot in my stomach that increased every mile closer we got to Galatia. Nothing good was going to come from this trip, I could feel it.