Chapter 12

The wind blew my hair back, casting it behind me like a wild dancer tangling through the wind. After James's motorcycle started with a clank and a rumble, I had lost track of time. Everything past me in a blur as trees and buildings were left behind. We were now on a dirt road with only trees surrounding us. I wanted to ask James how much longer till we get to the kingdom, yet my voice never came. I was too lost in my thoughts as I wondered what the kingdom was like. Even though I had been to the castle a week or so ago, I never saw the actual kingdom. When I was there, I had to sneak out through an underground passage with James. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to live in a castle or in a kingdom filled with vampires for that matter. Why would I? I didn't fit in, even though I was told that it was my home. 

Then there was my parents, my real parents. It was so strange, this morning I woke up thinking my life couldn't get any more complicated, and that my parents were the most important in my life. That at least my mom and dad were the two people who loved me and had raised me since birth. 

I was so wrong.

My parents were fakes. Along with my life, which had only been me moving around every so often with these Slizers messing with my mind. As James called it, 'the mortal world' was never my home or my life, it had always been Clomesia. 

I believed now that I had a forgotten past. A past where James and I were in love. A place where I went to school with vampires that bullied me as if I was the freak. 

Oh the irony. 

Then there was Joshua, where did he come into place in my life? I had originally thought he loved me. That conclusion had come to me when he was fighting the Slizer, but now, I realized I was wrong. The memories I had gathered so far proved that Joshua wasn't really involved in my life, only James. Was he just the brother of James who cared for me? You could love you're brothers girlfriend, right? Of course in a caring sisterly love...

The big question was why couldn't I touch Joshua? It was so strange and it tortured Joshua at the same time. I saw it in his features when I touched his cheek when he was choking James. His emerald green eyes showed pure torture and un-describable pain within itself. I knew I was missing something, but what? I was surely going to ask James when we got to the castle. 

James was right though, I had changed after these awfully long days. Before I met them I was this cold careless lonely girl. But now... now, I smiled easily and I didn't want to bring any physical pain to people that talked to me. It was completely weird and I had no clear reason why such a sudden change. I really wanted to know what triggered such a drastic change in my life...

I then realized someone was tapping my hand. 

"Rose." James voice ushered me back into reality slowly.

"Roselyn? Earth to Roselyn." James hollered to me once again. 

I blinked a couple times and noticed I was still riding James's motorcycle, and I was still holding onto his waist for dear life. 

He continued to tap my hand, which in fact was crapping from holding him so tight. 

I looked up at the back of his head, "Yeah?" 

"We're here." He simply replied.

I looked around and noticed we were still surrounded by trees, and not even on a dirt road anymore. We were in the middle of the forest with tall green trees on a motorcycle. There was no kingdom in sight, nothing. 

What in the hell? 

James slowed down until he was at a complete stop. With that I hesitantly released my strong grip on his waist.