Chapter 25

UNEDITED

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

My first encounter with James wasn't a very pleasant one. I'm not talking about my first real encounter with him, 200 years ago. I mean, the day in the woods when I was going to a petty high school party and was attacked by a blood thirsty vampire. A blood thirsty vampire named James Collins. The Prince of Clomesia. A kingdom I once lived in and had a life in. A life with Joshua and parents who I knew now weren't actually my parents. My life was messed up even before I was cursed, I was just too blind to notice.

James was going to practically kill me that day. He was going to suck dry every drop of blood inside me. I had thought he was a monster. I thought both Joshua and James were crazy men. I never realized that I was the crazy one. I was the one being mind wiped every other day. Living in this falsely life, in a world I didn't belong in.

Now here I was, standing before the same James who tried to kill me. The same James who kissed me in the woods and in the frostbitten weather of Galatia so passionately. James, who could light up the world with a crack of a smile and glimmer of his warm electric blue eyes. He was always so sure of himself, after all he was the future King of his Kingdom. Being a Prince he knew that. He carried himself like royalty.

He was always under control.

Now, I was situated in front of the same man, but he wasn't under control.

James was vulnerable.

The tears that slid down his cheeks were so prominent and beautiful. The wretched pain James was currently feeling, swelled in the water of his eyes and danced down his face gracefully. It was the most humanly action I had ever seen James express, and it mesmerized me.

"Roselyn, I don't understand." James looked at me pained, "Please help me understand, I can't- I-I."

I took a step forward and sat on the edge of James's bed. He was breathing rapidly, no sense of assurance within him. I needed to give him assurance.

I leaned close to the Prince and cupped his face in my small hands. Holding either side of James's face, I rubbed my thumbs softly under his eyes. I brushed away small precious crystals of tears that threatened to dance down his face. His warm blue eyes held my own. They were watery and glistening, waiting to downpour another mass of tears.

We were very close. The feeling of his warm breath, skirted across my face. Being so close to James, I was able to notice every little notch and bruise that wasn't as prominent from a distance. His face was structured, angular and firm. His face was also beaten and bruised.

"Everything is going to be alright, James." I soothed.

I continued to massage soft circles along the firm cheekbones on his face, lovingly. His breathing slowed ever so slightly. His breath fanning my face like a mask. James reached up and wrapped his arm around my waist. Pulling me closer to him ever so slowly. He reached up cupped the side of my face. All previous intense fright momentarily frozen as he tilted his head and held an intense gaze on me. The air between us seemed to thicken, electricity sparked.

I dropped my hands from his face, a jittery feeling suddenly buzzed inside of me. I held my breath as James leaned towards me. His actions had taken a complete one-eighty and I was taken off guard. I dropped my eyes to our lips, which were centimeters apart. They lightly brushed each other, it was almost feather-like. James sighed, his warm breath puffed lightly against my own lips. Tingles spread through my body, shivers running up and down my spine.

"How are you so sure?" James whispered.

I swallowed and lifted my gaze up to meet his striking blue eyes. His striking swollen watery eyes. They held my own with such intensity, such intimacy.