Chapter 27

I was alone in my bedroom. It was completely silent.

I was thinking. What would be the most perfect gown for the ball look like? What would my death gown look like?

Why was I so calm about this?

I had no clue.

I sat down on the edge of the bed with my head in my hands. My mother expected me downstairs in the grand ball room in ten minutes. I had to think of something.

Somewhere deep in my soul, a delicate whisper haunted my mind. I finally listened to the quiet murmur as it repeated like a broken record in my head. The dress must be elegant. Boasted out at the hips and perfect sheer black material.

I shot my eyes open with a gasp. I was on my feet in a second.

I darted my eyes all over the place, "Hello?"

The narrow front half would have the same sheer material, but in white. White lace designs all over the black material and striking diamonds along the lace and black fabric.

My heart pounded in my chest. No one was in my bedroom. It was just me. Was my mind really talking to me? I was going crazy.

The sweetheart top should carry the same black fabric with lacy and rich diamonds. The perfect gown.

The gown appeared like a clear picture in my mind. I was in the dress, my hair elegantly up in a fancy up-do. A genuine smile appeared on my lips, my eyes bright with happiness. I looked beautiful in this dress. It seemed so familiar though. There was no background in my mind, just me in such a breathtaking gown. Why did it feel like I had already worn this dress in my life before?

That was it though, I somehow just thought of the gown I desired to wear tonight. I walked up to the enchanted closet. With perfect serenity, I knocked on the worn down wood three times.

And then I opened the door to find the gown that looked to be so familiar, as if I had worn it before.

❤︎❤︎❤︎

Ten minutes later I was walking down the hall towards the grand ball room. The maid had came in and told me she would hang up my gown for tonight. So now I was walking down the bright hall to meet my mother and the Caldwell family. I was a bit nervous, I didn't know how to act around werewolves. I mean vampire's were easy, just don't have an opened wound and you were good. Werewolves though, I didn't know the first thing about them.

I was so deep in thought, that I ran straight into someone.

A strong arm wrapped around my waist, catching me from a pitiful fall. I shot my hand out and gripped his black buttoned down shirt. My hair whisked into my face and my breath caught.

"Wow, I'm so sorr-" I didn't have a chance to finish my sincere apology once I looked up to meet his gorgeous face. Black messy tendrils of hair that curled around his ears and striking green eyes. His jaw was set firm and my eyes lingered over his perfect pink lips a moment too long. What I noticed the most wasn't what a perfect piece of man that was holding onto me. No, it was the way his well-toned body held itself so tense and closed off, while his eyes looked so soft and open.

He helped me balance myself back onto two feet and took a step back. I fluttered my eyes up to find him staring at me.

I finally found my voice, "I'm so sorry for running into you, I wasn't watching where I was going."

"Yeah, I can tell." His voice, a rumbling husky and low melody. It had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up. The tone he used over those three words felt more like a fatal threat, than a bad tempered retort.