Chapter 28

I met Leviathan at six o'clock in the garden, just as planned. After James visited my room, I had a couple of hours to straighten myself out. The maids finished up my makeup, trimmed my long hair and twisted it into a beautiful up-do. A couple short tendrils of my silky brown hair escaped and framed my face elegantly. Leviathan looked handsome in his black suit, it was shocking how well he cleaned up. His long black hair was combed to the side and his striking green eyes widened at the sight of me.

"Woah." Leviathan swallowed, "Y-you look, um you look-"

Leviathan's jaw dropped a fraction. His eyes roamed over my body with disbelief.

A goofy smile made it's way onto my face, "Hideous?"

He shook his head furiously, eyes still bulging at the sight of me, "No, far from it." He regained his composure, "You look ravishing, Roselyn."

I looked down and blushed, "Thank you, as do you Levi"

Leviathan was still gazing at me in shock. The silence between us became too loud.

"Shall we go?" I asked.

He blinked, "Are you ready?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked down at my dress, "Um, I think so, do I not look ready?"

He shook his head, "No, I'm mean, are you ready, Roselyn?"

Oh.

Was I ready to go along with this crazy plan I created? Was I ready to confront the women, my sister who made my life hell. Was I ready to die?

I gazed up at Leviathan, "No, but I have no choice."

"You always have a choice."

I shook my head, swallowing down my tears, "No, not with this I don't." Leviathan sighed, "It's for the best though, the Kingdom needs to be rid of Meredith and this is the only way to keep my beautiful Collins safe."

I turned around quickly, "Let's just go."

Leviathan walked up to me silently and slipped his arm around mine.

"As you wish, Princess." He whispered.

❤︎❤︎❤︎

I gripped onto my black clutch for the dearest of my life. Leviathan's arm was still wrapped around mine, our bodies up against each other as we walked through the double doors of the Main ball room in the castle. My mother had told me that it was where she threw all her formal parties that all Royal guests attended.

I closed my eyes for an instant, breathed in and released it as I opened my eyes. The two guards beside the doors nodded to us respectfully and held the tall heavy doors open. I squeezed Leviathan's muscular arm nervously.

We walked in.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Princess Roselyn Evandale of Galatia and Prince Leviathan Caldwell of the Bruka pack." The guard that stood behind us spoke out loud and confidently.

And then all eyes were set on us.

I froze under the heavy gazes of the tons of well dressed men and women. My gaze swept over the massive ball room. The whole room was clear as glass, literally. The walls that encircled the room were tall thick clear glass. The view was breathtaking, forest went on forever and the illuminated kingdom shined below. I was in awe.

People were scattered all over the room, some in the middle where most were dancing and others standing around talking. Servants were walking around quickly with platters in their hands, offering food to the guests. Soft music came from a band in the corner. The best part though? Snow was falling in the room. Little flecks of white snowflakes fell from the glass ceiling. It wasn't chilly in here though, and as a snowflake touched my dress, it disappeared all together.