Chapter 8

This chapter is dedicated to an amazing editor that from now on will be editing my book. Thank you so much @Butterfly440 for doing this for me! :)

➤➤➤➤

I squinted as the sun overhead blinded me. I could hear the wind howling around me and the bugs buzzing. 

Where was I? 

Suddenly, a light brush against my ankles made me flash my gaze down to where I stood. Beautiful tall flowers with multicolored vibrant colors brushed against me. I bent down easily and grasped a purple flower, and jerked it from the ground. Once it was in my possession, I began to twirl it between my fingers and admired it. I then realized it was my favorite flower, a daisy. I knew it was a simple flower, but for some reason I always adored them. Their long, oval petals and rather large bud was so exquisite. I looked up and noticed the flowers went on for miles, as they were placed over the hills in the distance. 

I was standing in a meadow. 

But why? How did I get here? 

It was quite beautiful I wouldn't deny that. I watched as the breeze blew the flowers slowly, almost like watching a wave at a sports game. I took a step forward to get a better grasp of my surroundings, but when I had moved, I noticed the breeze had suddenly died. I froze as I stopped hearing the bees that buzzed by and the rustling flowers. 

What...

A smooth familiar voice echoed around me. "Now and forever." 

It was sweet and firm as if whoever was saying it meant each word it spoke. I could imagine determined eyes and a set jaw, but not an exact face. The voice was quite familiar...

"Now and forever." The voice repeated. 

The smooth voice sounded highly familiar and gave me a knotted stomach, yet I couldn't remember.  

"Now and forever." It echoed even louder. 

"Now and forever."

"Now and forever." 

It repeated the same phrase over and over again like a broken record. It was coming faster and almost merged together as the words repeated one after the other. I cried out as a headache started to pulse and brought my hands up to my ears. 

"Stop!" I cried out.

Only when I covered my ears it seemed it didn't muffle out the sound. I could still hear the same repeated phrase through my covered ears as if they weren't covered in the first place. 

"Now and forever." It said clearly with a smooth voice.

How was this possible! Was it all in my head? 

I looked around frantically trying to find the owner of such a pleasant voice. I couldn't spot one living being throughout the silent meadow.

I was alone. 

My headache pulsed even harder as I tried to search for answers. I couldn't though. Nothing crossed my mind only a horrid headache. 

"Now and forever." It repeated. 

What did that mean! Now and forever, what? 

I fell to my knees without a thought. I couldn't move my body, because suddenly the sun's rays got brighter and brighter. I started to squint as the yellow light blinded me, until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. I firmly shut them and allowed the bright light to consume me. 

✬✬✬

I woke up with sweat rolling down my forehead and a racing heart. I frantically looked around me to grasp my surroundings. A night stand, a dresser, and a window covered by a white sheer curtain.