Chapter 18

I wanted to give my editor a shoutout becuase she is just amazing. She edits so quickly and is so careful for mistakes. Those of you looking for an editor, I highly recommend @Butterfly440 !

Enjoy chapter 18:)

~~~~

I was currently sitting in Joshua's gorgeous black mustang. As I sat in the back seat staring out the window as trees passed by in a blur. With an elbow propped up on the cushy handle and chin in palm I was in utter peace. My eyes were slightly drooping, as I was exhausted from all the walking and excitement of the day.  The humming of the car and slight vibration was the only possession of sound I focused on.

We had been in Joshua's car for about ten minutes now and he was having a silent conversation with Samuel in the front seat. As Joshua was catching him up on everything James and I sat in the backseat in utter silence. I mean I wasn't complaining. Hell no, I was tired and I just wanted this silence to hold me as long as it could. Joshua had told me this trip would be a daylong and I wasn't even sure if I was ready for what waited for me ahead.

I just wanted to stay in this rumbling car in peace and never leave, because when I do I'm going to be confronting a lot that I wished I could hide from. I didn't think I was ready to confront Meredith or even meeting my actual mother. Why was she in Galatia? Maybe it was fear that was eating my insides or nervousness. I didn't know but I did know I wished this car ride would never reach its destination.

Raindrops were now slowly but gracefully colliding with my window. I watched as they slowly slid down my window to their fatal fall. I wondered if that was what we were doing. This car was going towards Meredith's location and if she had done this to me... could she do worse? I felt like confronting Meredith was my fatal fall for some reason and it wasn't easy on my stomach either.

"So you're not James's girl then. Bummer, I thought someone had finally captured this bad boys heart."

I looked up and pushed away whatever I was thinking previously.

I had made eye contact with Samuel since it was him who had revered me out of my thoughts.

What was with Samuel's multicolored eyes though? His eyes were like painting pallets that if they mixed fully together they would become an ugly brown substance. It seemed his eyes stayed at that perfect balance where they hadn't mixed together but were blurs of red, blue, green, yellow and purple. It was so exotic but so beautiful.

Ignoring Samuels comment I asked what was on my mind.

"Your eyes are so different than I have ever seen before. Why is that?" I asked slowly.

He blinked once then twice.

He chuckled, "The boys never told you what I can do, have they?"

I furrowed my eyebrows then I shook my head slowly.

I looked over at James who I noticed for the first time was soundlessly asleep next to me. His eyelashes were like two little butterflies caressing his face. The way he slept with pink lips barely parted into an 'o' shape as he leaned against his window, it spurred a thought I never imagined I would conclude of him. Innocent. He looked like James the bad boy with his leather jacket but also... innocent and my heart fluttered a bit at the thought.

"I'm a skin-walker or you probably know me better as a shape-shifter." He said matter of factually.

No way...

"So your eyes..." I started.

"My eyes are multicolored because that's where all my power is located." He continued.