Chapter 29

This is the last chapter. I attached a song on the side.

Never Let Me Go; by: Florence and the Machine.

Listen to it if you please. I advise to listen to it , I did on repeat while writing this chapter. Have a box of tissues near by and HAPPY READING!

❤︎❤︎❤︎

It was raining. At least I thought it was. It was as if all my senses were awakened from a long and deep sleep. I didn't know where I was, but I had a massive headache. It was pitch black wherever I was. But then again, maybe it wasn't. I had no clue. Everything around me was muffled, I couldn't hear a thing. Everything I was certain about, became uncertain. My body felt like a big bruise. I was having trouble breathing. Was I breathing? Then again maybe it was the dress I was wearing. Wait, was I wearing a dress? I had no clue.

The rain was worse now. I couldn't move though, I couldn't stop it from dripping down my face and into my mouth. Or maybe I could, I didn't know.

"She's dead!" Someones familiar silky voice cried out. His voice was a broken mess, I felt this familiar man's presence over me, "Sh-he's gone Joshua!"

Joshua? That sounded familiar, if I could have moved my mouth, I would have tested the word out. I couldn't though, or maybe I could. I still had no clue. Maybe Joshua wasn't even familiar to me, maybe I was just crazy.

"Give her CPR again, do something James!" Another familiar voice sobbed out.

James. Now that name made something inside me jump for joy. My heart, I think it was my heart. Whoever this James was, he made my heart happy.

Then something soft was firmly pressed against my lips. A rush of air filled me up, then the softness was gone, and I felt something pressing against my chest hard and fast. Softness was back over my lips and it sent sparks stirring through me. My heart, or maybe it was my soul, I think it was my soul. My soul was so big and beautiful, it smiled.

"It's not working." The familiar voice sobbed out, I think the voice belonged to the word James. Or maybe it was a name.

"This is all our fault." James choked out, "We should have followed her when she ran from us, we shouldn't have believed her lie so easily."

It was raining again.

"She didn't want us to follow her James." Joshua trembled, "Leviathan told us it was all part of her plan, she didn't want us involved."

"Like hell we wouldn't! This plan of her's was stupid. Sh-he is so stupid." James cried hard.

Gee thanks.

"She can't be gone, Joshua she just can't." He sobbed over me, he was the rain, "I can't live without her again, I just can't." He breathed out, "She has to wake up! Wake up!"

"Roselyn loved you the most brother, you know that. Hold onto that." Joshua's voice broke miserably.

"She never told me that, sh-he never had the chance." A lot of salty rain fell onto my face.

A loud turmoil ringing deafened both of my ears. Yellow light, or maybe it white, I didn't know. It blinded me and then I was surrounded by black once again. This time though, I could move my eyelids. I could move my whole body. I could breathe. It still hurt though. Every intake of air was like putting in an old retainer. It hurt and was hard to get used to.

"Do you hear that?" Joshua whispered.

Why won't it stop raining?

"Hear what?" James asked.

"Her heart beat." Joshua said even slower than before.

I hadn't noticed before, but my throat was tight, swollen even, I wondered why. Suddenly though, it seemed to relax, the tenseness disappeared. But then an itch crawled up my throat. My lungs felt incredibly weak, I needed to cough.