She's Gone

Tsunade’s POV

“What do you mean, there’s been a breakout?!”

“Please calm down Lady Tsunade, your blood pressure.” Shizune placed a caring hand on my arm.

“I don’t care, Anbu.” I turned to my informant. “Who’s responsible? What are the guards doing?”

“They’re placing the remaining criminals behind bars miss. Though many are still present, at least a hundred have gone missing.”

“Remaining criminals?” I asked standing and beckoning the anbu to follow me.

“Yes, it appears as though this rebellion was well organized, they abandoned more than half their comrades, tied them up and left them in the court. We are assuming they did this to stall the guards.”

“You’re kidding.” I had thought that maybe the prisoners had finally united but it seems I was wrong. What could they be thinking, leaving most in the prison. Mutiny perhaps? Do they even have a ‘political’ system within their ranks?

Then Jiraiya’s words came floating back to me. If it’s unorthodox it’s probably Akira… The old fool and I had had a few talks after recent events and those had been his last few words of advice. I hadn’t seen him since.

I mourned the loss of my peaceful morning, knowing my day was about to drag on a lot longer. We passed an open window and I paused letting the cool breeze wash over me, and it was still only mid-morning. I held back a pitiful sigh, may as well get this over with.

Naruto’s POV

I heard the alarms from the prison and sat up, rubbing my sleep filled eyes. It was early morning and I had been in the hospital about a week. Sasuke really hadn’t held back…

When Kakashi found me and carried me back, I had expected to see Akira. I wanted to apologize not only to Sakura and her for losing Sasuke but for getting so mad. It really wasn’t Akira’s fault… and it hurt… it hurt to remember hurting her. I just wanted to tell her I’m sorry and hope she forgives me, but she never came to visit.

Later on, Sakura and Kakashi paid a visit. Sakura had said that she was surprised Akira wasn’t there and that was when I heard Kakashi-sensei say that he hadn’t seen her… not since he left… At first I didn’t think anything of it, but I got to thinking and when Kakashi-sensei visited a second time without Sakura it just came out.

“I’m sorry!” I blurted out before he’d even said anything.

His visible eye widened and there was a momentary pause before he finally said something, “What for?”

“…It’s my fault she’s gone.”

“Naruto, Akira’s disappearance isn’t your fault. She’s probably just off on another crazy scheme of hers. She’ll be back before you know it.”

I shook my head, “No…we had a fight. Before I went after Sasuke. I- I really hurt her.”

“Words can hurt but she’ll forgive you, you’re her best friend.” I knew he was giving me a smile but I couldn’t look at him.

“No, it wasn’t just words.” I mumbled. “I used rasengan on her.” A silent tear traveled down my cheek. She left because of me, because of the nine-tails, because I couldn’t stop my anger. It’s my fault neither of them are here. Sasuke, Akira, I’m sorry.

Kakashi’s POV

It had been days since Naruto had told me about Akira. I was still having a difficult time believing he used rasengan on her but Jiraiya confirmed it. I just couldn’t understand what had happened to my team…Minato-sensei, Obito, Rin maybe I wasn’t cut out to be a teacher, please keep Akira safe.