What is wrong with Kakashi?

Akira's POV

Chouji was already at Shikamaru's place by the time we got there. Shikamaru greeted us at the door, complaining about how late we were.

"It's only ten." Ino pushed past him. "It's not even that late. Oh, I brought some files along. Chouji and I will explain the goings on to Sakura while you and Akira handle the rest."

"Since when are you in charge?" Shikamaru asked taking the papers and raising one eyebrow at me.

I shrugged.

"Akira's in charge obviously. Hey, Chouji where are you?" She called.

"Shikamaru's room."

Sakura was dragged over the threshold and up the stairs. Shikamaru shook his head but followed, chatting with me a bit about an adjustment he made to the plan.

We sat down apart from the other three and he brought out the map.

"So we don't really need this area to build on right? Plus there's a lake. So why don't we turn it into a sort of public park, no training. Just peaceful flowers, trees, water –

"A napping spot then." I smiled.

"Yeah I guess so."

"Sounds good. How big were you thinking?"

"Well the lake itself, extend the border into the forest, and maybe like 50 meters on each side of the lake when it's at full capacity."

"In case of flooding?"

"In case of flooding." He nodded.

"I like it. It doesn't interfere with any of the other buildings either."

"Good. As for this one, I surveyed the building and we're going to have to expa –

"Sensei!"

"What was that?" Sakura asked, moving to open the window.

"A team training maybe?" Ino moved beside her looking out.

Shikamaru turned to me, I nodded and he sighed heavily. "You may want to move away from the window." He said.

Chouji grabbed Ino and Sakura placing them back on the ground away from the window.

A moment later and Kaito appeared, crouching on the sill.

"Sensei," he pouted. "You promised to meet us tonight. It's Saturday, we can stay up almost all night. Hanabi started thinking you'd been caught by the Anbu finally, and Jiodo thought you'd been called away on a mission or something. I thought you said you'd – What are you doing?"

"Sorry Kaito. I got caught up in something. I'll go now." I stood up. "Shikamaru, you can handle this for now right?"

"Yeah, sure. Don't worry about it." He nodded in greeting to Kaito, who nodded hesitantly back.

"Sensei?" He began.

"What's up?"

"What are you doing? Who are these people?"

"Friends and we're working on a proje –

"Is this a civilian clinic?" He jumped into the room. "Oh man! You've got plans for a homeless shelter too? And a food bank?"

He picked up sheet after sheet, eyes wide and a big smile on his face. He ran back to the window, and cupped his hands to his mouth.

"Guys! Get in here."

Hanabi appeared almost instantly on the sill, Jiodo climbed to the roof behind her.

"Why do we have to come through the window? There is a door."