Naruto's Kind of a Jerk

Akira's POV

That night I had just finished up training my team when all the lights in Konoha went out. I told the kids to get home quickly and safely. I started investigating what had happened. It wasn't unusual for a block of lights to go out, but for the whole village plus the back up generators. It was beyond unusual. People stopped in their tracks and stared at the ninjas running across the rooftops. They began communicating with flashlights in morse code from roof to roof.

Soon after large pillars began to rise around the village, five in total. They rose higher than the walls, taller than the hokage mountain. A film seemed to connect them all, forming a dome over our heads. I had to find Hiroka and Leader. Jitte struggled in my arms, the malicious air seemed to give him further life.

"You are going to be one tough cookie."

I made a U-turn to the nearest tunnel system and flared my chakra as bright as possible catching the attention of more than one anbu.

By the time my feet hit the ground my team had me surrounded.

"We've started evacuating civilians." Hanabi reported. "Why'd you call us?"

"Sorry guys, I needed to call Hiroka and Leader."

Jiodo rose his hand, "I'm heading to Under-Konoha with a large group of civilians soon, do you need me to run a message?"

I looked at Jitte. "Sort of..."

A man hole cover lifted near us. "Ow, not so fast." Hiroka appeared rubbing her head. "You called kid?"

"Yeah sorry, I just need you guys to take Jitte to a safe place now."

"Sounds good, we got the information by the way."

"Thanks for that, I'll have to review it after...whatever this is."

"Sure. Catch you around kid. Be safe."

"Don't forget to eat your vegetables." Leader yelled from below.

"Got it." I laughed as the manhole was replaced and they vanished.

"They seemed like nice people." Hanabi said.

Jiodo shrugged. "They can be."

"Alright you three, time to get this started. I want you to take full control of the evacuation. If it's not complete in under 10 minutes it's considered failure."

"Understood." They each jumped to separate rooftops.

"Keep in communication." I yelled after them. "Now time to figure out what I can do."

I leapt to the rooftops, feeling 20 pounds lighter. I hadn't realized how much that kid weighed until he was gone, I also didn't have any nagging doubts about leaving him with someone.

I stopped at the large square in town, and rose the temperature of my body. I felt the scales grow, and my bones shift and expand. I grew past the houses, as a tail slowly wrapped itself around the fountain. I closed my eyes as the world seemed to shimmer, and my nose elongated.

When I opened them again, I was a dragon taller than the buildings but smaller than the mountains. I heard anbus cry out, as they shot kunai at me but I could ignore them as the bounced off my scales. I stood on my hind legs and nudged the barrier with my nose. It was sturdy and seemed to hum with energy, I pushed harder. It didn't budge, it was like stone.

I drew back and felt the fire nudge its way to my throat before I sent a stream of fire at it. The dome steamed but did nothing else.

I let smoke out my nose. "Nothing I can do about that."