Squiggle

Akira's POV

It was the fourth day when I met Sakura in the training fields. Both of us had bags under our eyes, and dragged our feet through the dirt. But, despite how tired she was she looked ecstatic. I asked if something good had happened and she gushed about her date with Maki. How cute he was, and how funny he could be. I think she was finally starting to get that Sasuke had never really been a good choice to begin with.

"I guess this means no one on our team is straight." Sakura commented off hand as we stretched.

"What?" I asked moving off my stomach and sitting up with my legs still stretched either side.

"Well, aside from Kakashi, I mean."

"I don't know about that..."

"Think about it. I'm bi,"

"You're bi?"

She looked at me, "Yeah." She put a finger to her chin. "I think I was around 15. Maybe 14?"

"Huh. Good to know I guess."

She nodded, "Then there's Sai. I'm not sure if he's bi, or what exactly he is. But he's not straight."

"So true. Then there's me, I'm grey-ace, I think. I also don't really have a gender."

"Ah but Sasuke and Naruto are straight, aren't they?"

I snorted. "Are you kidding me?" I stretched my arms. "Sasuke is gay. But maybe ace? We haven't discussed it much. Naruto is... well I'm not really sure but I get the feeling he's bi."

"Why'd you say that?" She asked, getting into stance before beckoning me to fight.

"Well," I started as I punched and she defended. "He's obsessed with Sasuke, but he loves girls too. He changes gender with that jutsu and I'm not entirely sure he did it just for the eros of it all."

We switched roles, she began with short kicks and gentle punches.

"I never thought about that. So only Kakashi."

"Kakashi's not straight either."

"What?" She paused and I moved to offense, sliding my leg into her ankle. She hit the ground but it didn't faze her. "What do you mean?"

"Kakashi likes a guy."

"Who would have thought?" She brushed herself off, "I guess that makes us 'The Gay Team'." She held her hands together before moving them outwards in an arc.

I laughed, "I think it suits us."

We rested for a while, Sakura massaging her leg while I stared at the clouds. Shikamaru's bad habits are rubbing off on me. The warm sun, and gentle breeze would have lulled anyone to sleep. But those pills were still affecting me. My mind was active, even when my body wanted to sleep.

Sakura was already back on her feet, shadow boxing with an opponent. Her black fingerless gloves a stark contrast against her skin.

"Do those protect your hands?" I asked.

She paused, "What?"

"Do your gloves protect your hands?"

She scoffed, "Have you ever hit the earth before?"

I recalled tripping and falling onto my face, I remembered flying through the air as an opponent flipped me and again after falling from a tree once or twice.

"I think I have some experience."

She raised one eyebrow. "Right... Well, I think it helps. I don't have to worry about my knuckles scarring after I do this."