Letters

Dear Naruto,

I know you haven’t forgiven me yet, seeing as you haven’t written me back, but I thought I’d continue for the sake of continuing. This will be the third edit of this letter as Sai kept taking a black marker to everything important.

 So, I last wrote you about a week ago when we stayed at an inn. A lot has happened since then. Sai became a prick and a girl, Evelyeen…well he hasn’t really changed and I’m back to being a guy. This is becoming a cycle of never ending gender confusion.

While at the inn we were attacked by mist ninja and after killing three we were forced to run. As it turns out it was a set up, at least that’s what I’m thinking, not sure what the others think of it. We’ve been traveling the land of water in search of the ancient relic. But, all we’ve found so far is a bunch of dusty shrines though we’ve only followed two of the many rumors we’ve uncovered.

I guess now is as good a time as any to tell you that I’m looking for one. It’s an ancient relic special to my family, I need it in order to uh stay a dragon summoner. So far I’ve hit three towns, two of which had ancient shrines and neither knew what I was looking for. Heck, I don’t know what I’m looking for. The demon, who I’ve recently learned is named Lividcre, says that I need to find the entrance to the summoning lands. Sadly, I have no clue how to do this. Evelyeen has suggested going to a shaman seeing as we have no other summoners amongst us and we’ve got nothing better to do.

“Why are you lying?” Sai asked peering over my shoulder.

“Sai! This is private!”

“He won’t reply anyway, I don’t understand why you continue this.”

“You don’t know that, besides maybe he just forgets.”

“You’re lying to both him and you.”

“Oh yeah? How do you know?”

“This book.” He raised a book before my eyes, ‘How to read a person’s thoughts’.

“Another one? Lately you’ve been buying some pretty weird books.”

“You mean informative. Will you answer my question?” He asked and I was about to reply no when he added. “I also recently picked up a book on interrogation from the ancient shinobi wars.”

“…Evil. I’m lying cause it’s not something he needs to know about.”

“He shouldn’t?” Evelyeen asked. “You’re his friend aren’t you?”

“Yes, maybe…I don’t know anymore but he doesn’t need to know that I could potentially die.”

“You mean definitively die, right?” Sai corrected, browsing through whatever book he was on now.

“Would you quit trying to kill me?”

“No.”

“Urgh…Can I write this letter in peace?”

“I suppose.”

“Thank you.”

So today I’m meeting with a crazy shaman who will hopefully help me enter the summoning land. If all is well, I’ll write you the rest of my plan. If something goes wrong this letter may go incomplete and you will one day hear of my death.

Signed, Akira

P.S I know what I did was unforgivable but please stop ignoring my letters… Even just sending me a blank one would be nice…

Dear Naruto,

Excuse the small blood stain to the corner, I’m not re-writing this just so you can have a peace of mind. Turns out the shaman was some criminal looking for ransom money, he didn’t believe me when I said my family (real family) wouldn’t care. So he dragged a knife out, no major damage so don’t worry. But I had to block it with my hand, stupid reflex action. Sai finished the guy off and Evelyeen is off to buy bandages. We’re staying in a city near the center of the main island.