Chapter 10- The True Voice...

THIS CHAPTER IS A BIT SHORTER THAN USUAL. SORRY! I WROTE HALF OF THIS CHAPTER, AND THEN I HAD WRITERS BLOCK FOR THE REST OF IT. I TIRED MAKING A PIC FOR THE SIDE, BUT I'M TOO TIRED, SO YOU GET A GIF LOL. A... RANDOM GIF? HOPE YOU ENJOY!!!

~~~~~~

I sit with my legs folded, on the middle of my queen sized bed, staring straight ahead at the clock on the wall, watching the seconds tick by, slowly.

11:45. Fifteen minutes before midnight. After opening gifts, we all had said goodnight, and went our separate ways. I went straight to my room to wait. The note implies that something is going to happen at midnight on this very day. Or maybe I'm supposed to do something at that time. I have absolutely no clue.

The purple tipped device lay beside me, on top of the black and white New York comforter. I glance over at it, wondering if I should be controlling it or running from it. It could do anything. It could be a bomb for all I know.

It could do anything, but it's not a bomb...

I gasp and fling myself off the bed. The mysterious voice that I haven't heard for quite a while, is back.

A though crosses my mind. If this unknown voice can speak to me, why can't I speak to it?

Because you haven't tried, silly...I do get ever so tired with these games...

"Hello? Little voice?" I whisper foolishly. I doubt I'll get an answer.

Don't go doubting people...You hardly know me...

"The problem isn't me doubting people," I say quietly, trying not to wake Amy and Rory, who had stayed the night. Mels had to leave on family business. "I don't hardly know you, I don't know you at all. That's the problem. You aren't even a real person."

Why would you say that...

I roll my eyes at the question. "You're not here. You're a voice inside my head that's making me think I've lost it."

Well...You're right about me not being present...but I'm technically not a voice...

"Then what are you?"

I'm a conciseness...Yep, a real life person, tucked away in a living mind...It's like, you're the roller coaster, and I'm just along for the ride...

I scrunch my eyebrows, taking in the information. "So you used to live? Like, be an actual person? Why are you in my mind then?"

Just push the button Demy...I'm not here by choice...

The words fade away, leaving anything but silence. So many questions rush through my mind, so many guesses, each less possible than another.

A tone softly rings out in the room. My eyes widen. I had set a timer on my phone for 11:59, one minute before midnight, and the alarm just now went off.

60 seconds. I rush back over to the bed, the ringing still in my ears. I pick up the device and begin to study it.

45 seconds. There are multiple raised pieces that resemble buttons. Maybe even the piece at the bottom is a button.

30 seconds. Push the button, she said, it's not a bomb, she said. I'm going to guess and pick the button at the top of the base, and hope that's the right one.

15 seconds. Not a bomb, anything, not a bomb. A bomb is something, right? Not a bomb, well what then? What can it possibly be?

10 seconds. Should I even be caring about this? Two random children send me a gift that resembles the time travelers weapon, so what?

5 seconds. Wait, didn't the Doctor use his device to scan the shadows? Did he kill the alien shadows with it?

1 second. Crap.

A second alarm blares softly from my phone as I shut my eyes tight and press down on the shiny, metal looking button. No explosion. I wait for something to go off or burst through the door of my room. Nothing happens. I open my eyes cautiously and look around.

The device did absolutely nothing.

Slightly disappointed, I set the cylinder shaped device on my end table and lay in bed, on top of the comforter, with no intention of falling asleep.

This doesn't add up. I think to myself. Why would those kids send me a strange gift that doesn't do anything? Why did they want me to use it on Christmas at midnight? Why not midnight on Christmas Eve?

With so many, even more, unanswered questions, I begin to feel my eyes droop. I wasn't tired a few minutes ago, so this surprises me.

Maybe I am tired, and I just don't know it...

My eyes finally shut close, and I fall into a deep sleep. I'm not awake to see the purple light flickering in the darkness.

~~~~~~

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO LOOKS AT SOMETHING MYSTERIOUS AND THINKS 'OMFG IT'S A BOMB?' YEAH? NO ONE ELSE...

SORRY IF THIS CHAPTER SUCKED. RIGHT AFTER THIS IS POSTED I'M GOING TO TRY AND WORK ON THE NEXT CHAPTER, AND I'M CONSIDERING AN EPISODE CHAPTER, BUT I'M NOT SURE, CUS DA PLOT DOH...

HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!!

VOTE, COMMENT, AND BE AN EVIL STARFISH...

--EVIL STARFISH OUT--