Chapter 1- The Barmaid...

SO, HERE'S CHAPTER ONE. IDK WHEN CHAPTER 2 WILL BE OUT, CAUSE I STILL NEED TO WRITE SOME MORE, BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOY. AND REMEMBER WHAT I SAID, 3/4 OF YA'LL WILL BE LIKE 'WHAT DA F' AFTER READING THIS, BUT YES, THIS IS THE RIGHT BOOK. :)

~~~~~~~

Tick tock went the clock,

for the one who saved the day,

Tick tock goes the clock,

for she doesn't know the way,

Tick tock went the clock,

for the one whose time is done,

Tick tock goes the clock,

for the one who has just begun

--------

"Mels, have you seen my phone?" I shout to my best friend while rushing down the stairs.

"It's on the front table," she yells back from across the small apartment.

Running over to the oak wood table, I pick up the small device, enter my password, and check the time.

8:02

Crap. I should of left five minutes ago.

"I'm heading out Mels. I'm late!" Not waiting for a reply, I grab my purse, stuff my phone inside, and sprint out the door.

I hurry my ass through the streets of California and arrive at my destination at approximately 8:10. Pushing my way through the crowds of people chatting away and laughing with their friends, I reach the bar and jump over the table top to get on the other side.

"Congratulations Demy. You're only ten minutes late," my boss says, any ounce of seriousness in his face gone.

"Thanks Raiden! Next time, I'll try to make it nine," I reply as I take someones order.

I'm always late for work, but that's just who I am.

Demy Cate Tilda-Tali, the girl who hangs out with the 'different' people.

Demy Cate Tali, the girl who works as a barmaid and can always be found making stupid decisions.

Demy Cate, the girl who's family has so many issues that everyone keeps tabs on what goes on in our life.

Demy, the barmaid who is judged by her friends, who's family is dysfunctional, and whose life is completely normal.

Working as a barmaid might not be the best job in the world. However, when you're working with one of your best friends as your boss, you have a blast. Always laughing, always chatting, and always drinking after our shifts.

After a while of working as usual, I begin to notice it's quite hotter than usual. Looking around, however, I don't see anyone else complaining or acting any differently.

Noticing my confusion, Raiden yells from across the bar. "Hey, you alright there princess?"

"Yeah," I shout back, deciding it's nothing and continuing with my work.

--------

"And then Mels was like 'what kind of psychopath tries to steal a box' and the ginger was like 'obviously the one I'm currently talking to'"

Both of our shifts ended, so we decided one drink couldn't hurt. Like always, however, we might of had a little more then one drink.

I let out a delayed laugh. "Yeah, and she told me she stole a bus and some people were telling her off for it."

After taking a sip of beer, Raiden sets down his glass. "That girl is crazy, but that's why were friends with her, am I right?"

I smile, agreeing with him, but I can't seem to bring myself to believe that. Yes, we are friends with her because she's different, like us, but I feel like there is something else connecting us.

Suddenly, another wave of heat passes through the bar. Again, no one else looks affected.

"Raiden, did you feel that?"

He raises his eyebrows at me. "Feel what?"

I look around, feeling paranoid. "That wave of heat. It was kind of like, kind of like, I don't know it was weird." I can't think straight.

He laughed. "I think you've had enough to drink Ms.Tali."

About to nod, I look up towards him, only to see the glass window behind him shatter into pieces as a huge, blue lizard breaks through it.

Through everyone's screams and attempts to leave, I stay exactly where I am, thinking that if I stay put, it will leave me alone. That was a bad decision on my part because the creature seems to scan the room, and then its eyes land directly at me.

You've got to be kidding me.

Acting before thinking, I rush towards the back exit, not wanting to face the unknown creature. I reach the door only to discover that it's locked. Looking around, I try to find a different exit, but all of the other exits are past the creature.

'She wonders if they know she lied'

I spin around, looking to see who was talking to me, only to find nobody there. That's odd, someone just whispered to me, I'm sure of it. I'm not sure of the voice, but I know the saying is familiar.

"Demy! Demy are you still in there?"

Trying to find where Radien is calling from, I spin around once again, only to regret my decision. The heat returns and this time, it's overwhelming.

My body falls to the ground with a thud that someone surely heard. My vision turns black, yet I can still hear my surroundings. I can hear heavy foot steps, ones that must belong to the creature, but I also hear voices. Professional orders and scientific words are heard from my right. Two males and one female, all sounding important.

And lastly, as my hearing slowly deteriorates, I hear a strange whooshing sound.

~~~~~~

SO THEN... WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING ON? WHO IS DEMY? IS CITA WITH THE DOCTOR AND THE MASTER? IS CITA DEAD? WHY IS DEMY HEARING VOICES?

ALL ANSWERS ARE TO COME :)

VOTE, COMMENT, AND BE AN EVIL STARFISH...

--EVIL STARFISH OUT--