Chapter 9- The Day to Remember (Christmas Special)

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND/OR HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! HOPE YOU ENJOY!!!

~~~~~~

You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen,

Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen,

But do you recall,

The most famous reindeer of all...

Having just finished out holiday meal, all of us are a bit out of it because of the bitter red wine we had with our roasted turkey. Now we stand in the kitchen near the sink, our wine glasses in hand as we sing the slightly childish Christmas song.

Apparently, Amy was the most festive in past years. It is said that she always put up an extremely large amount of decor, and invited all of her friends over for Christmas dinner. This year is no exception, although the only guests beside Amy and I, who live in the medium sized home, are Rory and Mels.

The decorations look dazzling. The golden strings of tinsel glisten near the ceiling and the wreath upon the door is seasonal with its pointsettas and holly berries. It took many hours to get the mistletoe hung and the stockings properly placed, but in the end, it's worth it.

The mistletoe became a problem fairly quickly. While it is an opportunity to take cute couple pictures of Amy and Rory, Mels and I somehow got ourselves stuck under the dreaded plant. Twice.

And now here we are, the four of us all laughing and talking. The kitchen is filled with the stories of good and bad memories. I'm not included in most of the stories, but there are a select few that I can't help but smile at, remembering the old times as if I'm living them a second time.

"Alright everyone, it's time to open presents," Amy announces. "Everyone into the living room."

All of us gather in the living room and take our seats, either on the puffy couch or the comfy chairs. Amy kneels down near the skirt of the tree and begins to call out our names as she reads the small tags attached to the gifts.

After Amy passes the gifts out, we all look around at each other, wondering who should open the first gift.

"Forget all of you, I'm opening my damn presents," Mels says as she begins to tear open her first present. We all chuckle and begin opening our presents as well.

From Amy, I get a 2 foot tall Eiffel tower decoration. Back when Amy and I were just becoming friends, I told her how I am fascinated by the Eiffel tower. I've never actually been there, but I would love visit.

Then, from Rory, I get a stack of books, such as the Percy Jackson series written by Rick Riordan. I've already read some of the books, but Rory sort of freaked out because I read them out of order. (A/N True Story. Rory = My friends. Sorry, I didn't know the order LOL)

The next present I open, which is from Mels, is a beautiful, floor length dress. It's a mix between coral, one of my favorite colors, and red.

Then, there's a present from Raiden. He sent me a picture of us two, when we went on a tour in a museum. The picture is framed in a chestnut color.

And then, there's a present from Melissa, an old friend of mine. She sent me a bunch of beauty products. Melissa was one of those friends you trust enough to show your girly side to.

The others have many more gifts than me. While I have made friends here in Leadworth, Amy and Rory have lived here all their lives, and Mels is know around here as well. I have no problem with them having more presents. In fact, I only expected presents from the people who actually gave me them, excluding Melissa. While Melissa and I are still friends, we haven't hung out in a while, so her present was a bit of a surprise.

I got presents from everyone whom I expected one from...

So why do I still an unopened gift...

I stare at the box with curiosity. It's not exceptionally large. It's not much bigger than the box you expect a cell phone to arrive in. The wrapping paper is green and red, traditional Christmas colors. There's a tag, reading For Demy, but it doesn't say who it's from.

Amy notices my curious look. "Oh, that was delivered for you. Not sure who it's from. Might as well open it."

Taking Amy's advice, I begin ripping the wrapping paper off of the box. Throwing the paper on the ground, I lift the lid off the box, only to see...

A very familiar device. The silver device the Doctor had used in the library, the one with the blue light on the end. Only this one doesn't have a blue tip, but a purple one.

I quite like the color purple...

Inside the box is a note. I pull the folded paper out of the box and unwrap it. I scrunch my eyebrows together in confusion.

Reaching behind me, I pull my phone out of my pocket and check the time. 11:27. I look back at the note.

'At midnight tonight - Day and Luna'

~~~~~~~

I LOVED THAT NOTE. BECAUSE MIDNIGHT IS THE DEAD OF NIGHT, WITH THE MOON, AND IT'S LIKE, RIGHT BEFORE MORNING, OR THE DAY. YEAH, I'M WEIRD...

AS I SAID BEFORE, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND/OR HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND YES I'M TRYING NOT TO OFFEND ANYBODY...

VOTE, COMMENT, AND BE AN EVIL STARFISH...

--EVIL STARFISH OUT--