Chapter 17- The Other Gallifrey...

SORRY IT'S LATE... AND SHORT!!! HOPE YOU ENJOY!!!

~~~~~

Not a day goes by, that I miss those dark, cold eyes,

A world can die, even a universe, without a goodbye...

--RIO'S P.O.V.--

"That was extremely unreal. I've been through a lot. I've had quite a long life, but that was not alright. That shouldn't even be possible." Jack's mind had escaped from the dream state, leaving us to cower around him, asking question after question about his experience.

Jack shakes his head, refusing all questions, and looking at Georgina with a knowing look. "I can't tell you guys. It wouldn't be right." His gaze lands on me. "She wants to see you next, Rio."

I sigh, unprepared for my turn. I might not have known Cita as long as the Doctor and Master have, but I have known her for hundreds of years, each one full of death and destruction. I've been there for her in the darkest of times. I've seen her have her heart broken, more than once. I've seen Cita regret many days, and I've seen Cita nearly lose her days. What I'm unprepared for is unknown.

"Lets do this." I take the now vacant spot on the bed. The Master, once again, lifts the headset and places it on the recipient's head, only this time, I'm watching from a different perspective. I immediately feel a change. Thoughts turn to memories, almost like my life is flashing before my eyes. I see Cita and Allison, the three of us working as Wolves. I see the Doctor, Master, and Jack, all on the TARDIS from before. And I see...

"Rio. I'm glad you could make it."

I'm no longer laying in that bed on the TARDIS. My surroundings are different, and familiar. My mind searches for our location, and a single answer comes to mind. "Is this the dream state? Is this what I see in my mind?" I turn my body so I can see behind me. A newly regenerated Cita stands, in a flowing white dress, her blonde hair glowing in the sunlight. She smiles.

"Yes, this is the dream state, Rio. However, this is not what you see in your mind. I believe this place has been buried deep, with no return, in hopes that you will forget."

I shake my head, disagreeing with her accusation. "I'm not trying to forget it. I never could if I tried. In our current universe, this was a kind place. Authority was strict, and children were treated as adults, but the level of harm was little. In my birth universe, Gallifrey was underpopulated, due to the amount of killings."

Cita's eyes held something unknown. "But you still find respect towards Gallifrey? Towards the Timelords? Otherwise, this scene would not comfort you."

A mighty dome stands to our left, the Citadel looking over the entire city. Men, women, and children alike pass by us, merely a projection. They look afraid, keeping their heads down and walking fast. In High Councils eyes, they would have looked guilty. "This is my home. I love our universe. The peacefulness, the friendship with you and Allison. Our teamwork." Cita's jaw tightens at the word. "However, I was born in that universe, on that Gallifrey. I can't help but miss my home."

Cita walks towards me and stops so that she is now standing besides me. "I was scared when I was younger." Her eyes looked much older than her figure at those words. "When I was told that there were three timelords  and timelady's that are to watch over the world, I was unaware of their fates, their stories. With Allison, what I did went against the rules of the universe, but affected her positively. With you, however, I followed my guidelines, and you got taken away from your universe forever."

I lift my head in a way of understanding. "From experience, you didn't think I'd want to come back. You thought, because of the tight situation with her, that you had to save me from that."

"Her situation was unfortunate, and I had to help her out of it. I just though-"

"I appreciate your thought." She looks at me, with tears in her eyes, which for her is very uncommon. "However, you don't need to apologize. As I've said, I love our universe, and while I miss my birth universe, you aren't in it. Neither is Allison, or any of our friends. I don't need you to cry for a universe without someone worth crying for."

She smiles sadly, white light surrounding us. "Thank you, Rio. Send Allison next, if you could." And then I'm back on the TARDIS.

~~~~~~

THE REASON BEHIND THIS LATE AND SHORT CHAPTER... ;)

NO BUT SORRY. I'VE BEEN BUSY, AND HAD WRITERS BLOCK FOR THIS STORY ONLY ;)

ANYWAY, HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!!

VOTE, COMMENT, AND BE AN EVIL STARFISH

--EVIL STARFISH OUT--